Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Help with Price

Gundog

PMA Member
I broke down and purchased a new muzzleloader this summer and now have a guy that asked about my old one. I didn't plan on selling it with the scope as I was going to put it on the new one but he says he wants the scope as well. I don't want to overprice the gun and scope but want enough that I can purchase a new scope for my new muzzleloader. Details of the gun and scope for sale below.

Thompson/Center Black Diamond XR in very good condition.

Leupold VXII 3x9x40 Matte Black Scope

Extremely accurate gun for me out to 200+ yards. I know its an older In-Line, that's what I am not sure in how to price. I know what the scope is worth. Any help or thoughts will be appreciated.

I know that I wouldn't sell the scope for much less than you paid for it. Not sure about the gun...but I would be firm on the scope.

That scope totally outclasses the gun, but hey, whatever works :grin:

I think you'd be lucky to get $150-$175 out of the gun--at best. The scope... maybe $250 resale.

With that being about $400 you could buy a pretty nice NEW set up. I'm sure its worth that, but I think you'd be very lucky to get more than $250-$300 out of it. Just my opinion, take it for what its worth

I'd start out at $300 and see what happens....

:way: good luck!

I'd put it at $400. He's not touching that with a new setup topped with a VX-II. Then you'd also have enough to cover the same scope, rings, and bases.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Here's my take. Consistent scopes are worth their weight in gold...OK not quite, but almost :D

If you like the scope, and have had good luck with it, I wouldn't sell it. If he wants the bare gun, then you'll have maybe a couple hundred bucks for gas money. If not, you've got a spare ML :way:

NWBuck

Don't know how old the scope is but they came out with a new VX-II
last year and it is alot better then the old VX-II. I got one at Cabelas
3X9X40 matte for $299.00 and I love it.

Thanks for the advice guys. I had $350-$400 in my mind but wanted some opninions. Non-typ, what did they change in the scopes because the one I have is 3 seasons old and was the same price $299 when I bought it and I was looking at the the VX II again to replace this one if I sell it and saw it is still $299. Just curious if you know.

Gundog said:
Thanks for the advice guys. I had $350-$400 in my mind but wanted some opninions. Non-typ, what did they change in the scopes because the one I have is 3 seasons old and was the same price $299 when I bought it and I was looking at the the VX II again to replace this one if I sell it and saw it is still $299. Just curious if you know.

I looked and the light transmission went up 2% to 94%. A new eyepiece and finger adjustable 1/4 minute click turrets- no coins needed. They change something on the eyepiece too. Basically updated it, and kept the same price.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Thank you! That is impressive, a lot of companies would have charged an extra $50-$100 for minor improvements like that. Leupold scopes are all I have owned and probably ever will.

Top Bottom