Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

HF 2014 Nonambulatory Hunters

Should HF 2014 changing method of take for nonambulatory hunters be approved?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Im not familiar with the law as its written now but I was talking to someone who gets this license and he said he can hunt with a shotgun or muzzleloader all year, that hes hunting with a muzzy during the rut. Is that really how it is or was he just blowing smoke up my but or poaching???

Agree, that the way the link to the law reads it could be interpreted that a shotgun or muzzy could be used during any season. I don't see where it actually says "in the appropriate season"? Not sure I'm in favor of that! Agree, that nonambulatory hunters should be allowed to use "any legal weapon" (including crossbows) but only in the same season's that the weapon is legal. Needs clarification at least!!!

Im not familiar with the law as its written now but I was talking to someone who gets this license and he said he can hunt with a shotgun or muzzleloader all year, that hes hunting with a muzzy during the rut. Is that really how it is or was he just blowing smoke up my but or poaching???
At the link provided above, they strike out the old text of the code, where it appears he could hunt with a shotgun or muzzleloader during any season, soon to be any legal weapon if this passes.

Try putting the shoe on the other foot (one that you cannot use) and try to answer this question. Can you imagine being unable to hunt the rut? This one is not about protecting the herd, it is about hunters protecting hunters and supporting giving the options that give them opportunities do do what they love to do. With the few hunters that this affects, it is not a threat to the herd, and I would support this.

To me all it looks like this law is doing is going to allow these hunters to use crossbows and short walled cartridges. The way it is now i believe they can use a shotgun or muzzleloader during any season including bow. Adding the crossbow and short walled rifles to this is not going to change anything negatively in my opinion so I am for it. These guys have it hard enough and I see no reason to limit to a shotgun or muzzleloader when there are other legal cartridges to use.

To me all it looks like this law is doing is going to allow these hunters to use crossbows and short walled cartridges. The way it is now i believe they can use a shotgun or muzzleloader during any season including bow. Adding the crossbow and short walled rifles to this is not going to change anything negatively in my opinion so I am for it. These guys have it hard enough and I see no reason to limit to a shotgun or muzzleloader when there are other legal cartridges to use.

Pretty much this. I don't personally know any disabled hunters but I am all for helping them out.

Im all about helping them, but a safety concern would be, is this on private or public? I realize its going on now, but I feel like if its on public that could be pretty sketchy allowing more? Maybe I just simply do not understand the bill and should shutup :)

I think you are spot on. The one extra weapon allowed you didn't mention would be bow.

Im all about helping them, but a safety concern would be, is this on private or public? I realize its going on now, but I feel like if its on public that could be pretty sketchy allowing more? Maybe I just simply do not understand the bill and should shutup :)
It already occurs on both private and public, but right now they are carrying smokeless muzzys, or a Savage 220 or similar slug gun. Keep in mind these are hunters who are in wheelchairs.

You would think we could use terms such as hunters confined to a wheelchair instead of nonambulatory (try to spell that one)...? Anyway I would think we should try to allow these hunters to have a great hunt and work with them in any way.

These bills many times are hard for a low lander like myself to fully comprehend with their tricky words. I’m pretty neutral on this one cause of the hunters that are involved.
I’m putting myself in there shoes and if it was me I’d rather have a fork stuck in myself. If this helps them experience the great outdoors and hunting I’m good.
This bill gives me a little more faith in our legislators but the purple bill is just hilarious IMO.

Top Bottom