Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

HF 210 Straight wall rifle

Do you support HF 210 rifles using straight wall ammunition?

• Yes

• No

• Neutral

Results are only viewable after voting.
So .450 bushmaster is on there. Ballistics have it killing solidly at 300 yards. From 100 yard zero, 200 yards later, it drops 24" (quite manageable) at 300 yards. That was from Hornady's ballistics of their 2 cartridges. Probably doubling the range of most slug guns. I found 10+ round mags pretty easily with an AR semi auto platform. So, right, wrong or indifferent- that's a heck of a lot of gun with a lot more range & ammo capacity. I'm sure that will be a popular & high selling gun coming up here. Just stating facts with little to no opinion on this post up to here.

Side note. My 2 cents on the matter... with all their touted revenue from gun sales, new hunters coming in, tag sales = more tax revenue.... wonder if they have some really great conservation or "hunting opportunity" plans for all those extra funds?!!?!? Ha. This for sure "paid for" extra confidence for the POLITICIANS to find their next STEP... to introduce another weapon in the future. Will it be crossbows during bow, rifles, adding seasons? Who knows. (and yes, mark my word, it's coming- some will love ANY new regulation or weapon they allow- will find folks who will take advantage of ANYTHING). Will we see anything to tighten up restrictions, maybe swing the pendulum the other direction for protecting opportunity, access, healthy whitetail age structure & enjoyable yet healthy carrying capacity of Whitetail? Not unless they see MONEY in it, etc. This is no different than the stepping stones to exploiting any "great resource" we've witnessed for decades. I would love it if this last new weapon and regulation "really was the end". "the true line in the sand". This is enough. Stop. No more.

I would love it if this last new weapon and regulation "really was the end". "the true line in the sand". This is enough. Stop. No more.

Representative Baxter is who sponsored HF475 that legalized Straight Wall Cartridges in rifles. He has stated publically and privately that he has no desire to see "high powered rifes" being used to hunt deer in Iowa. So to everyone that thinks the sky is falling; chill out!

Representative Baxter is who sponsored HF475 that legalized Straight Wall Cartridges in rifles. He has stated publically and privately that he has no desire to see "high powered rifes" being used to hunt deer in Iowa. So to everyone that thinks the sky is falling; chill out!

I'm certainly not a "Sky is falling" type. I understand and see how States have absolutely destroyed their hunting resources. I've seen them go down the drain in a decade.
Here's the only problem with Representative Baxters quote..... 1) he's a politician to start and more often than not - views change with the wind or because of influencing motivations. Political speak, IMO isn't worth much 2) even if he believed that- there's now every other person in the legislature that could propose that OR will propose new stupid garbage like new seasons, more weapons (maybe it's not rifles), etc etc.
just like "you have years of experience with firearms".... unfortunately I have years of experience seeing States exploiting their resources for $, special inferests, "feel good reasons", lobbyists, etc. If this is the end, so be it- fact is- there's going to CONTINUE to be LESS GROUND each year for folks to go shoot their straight walled cartridges. I hope you're right that nothing else will come but we all know the truth and can look to any surrounding state to see how this snowball works. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst when it comes to Politicians and special interest $ & lobbying.

20170710_230606.png

Well they didnt outlaw AR style pistols... But they worded it funny enough that Im sure some game wardens are going to be jerks and push their limits...
It says no shoulder stock or long barrel modifications for late muzzleloader season. Well technically by B.A.T.F. definition any "pistol" with a shoulder stock is actually not a pistol but a SBR, short barreled rifle... Im just going to bet that some game wardens are going to push their limits and consider pistol braces a shoulder stock even though by legal definition they are not, the B.A.T.F. has made it very clear that a pistol brace as long as it is not modified is a brace and only a brace and not a shoulder stock even if it is used like one it doesnt change what it physically is. Should be interesting to see how they handle it and if theyre fair and legal or bend the rules to write tickets and just hope nobody has the nerve or funds to fight it and just pay the ticket and move on... Although with the addition of the new laws technically if youre using the wrong rifle/pistol its a $250 fine and loss of hunting rights for two years. I sure hope nobody using an AR pistol with a brace gets screwed over on that one because its not just a simple fine since you also lose your rights for two years.

Last edited:
Top Bottom