Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

HF 2108 changes definition of what is and isn't bait for deer and sets distances from baited areas.

Should HF 2108 changing baiting defintions be adopted?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
For the 'mineral is fine' crowd, how you gonna feel when one of the mineral vendors add a supplement to it that promotes fall attractant? It will happen.

For the 'mineral is fine' crowd, how you gonna feel when one of the mineral vendors add a supplement to it that promotes fall attractant? It will happen.
It's already out there. Just need to read the labels and pay attention to what you're putting down. I believe even adding dried molasses to your mineral would make it "bait" rather than mineral.

I'm not sure how much rules really mean to most people anyway. If I had a dollar for every bait station by a blind I see a year I'd be on to something. People will bait and do bait. People are lazy. I am not a proponent of hunting over food plots either but they do take a lot of work, alot of time, and there is no guarantee you will have anything in the end. So that will never be banned, I'm sure of that. Pretty easy to carry out a small bag when you go. Makes me sick back when I used to watch hunting on TV and they would crack a bag of some chemically yellow powder (corn) or some other super bait and spread it out prior to getting on stand. I saw even some big name guys do it in states where is was legal. Bet you FB you hand out free bags if it was legal

Screenshot_20210116-100213.png

Read #2. Seems clear as mud. If food has been gone for 10 days, then you can hunt within 200 yds of it. Lol.

The issue is with mineral sites - even if no mineral is visible they can soil test and if it comes back high mineral levels then that area is still considered "baited"

Top Bottom