Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

HF 2217 land owner deer and turkey tags

Should HF 2217 changing landowner deer and turkey tags be adopted?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I love to hunt. As much as a person can. However, I cannot wrap my head around how more guns across all the seasons is a good idea. More people will be hunting early muzzleloader. That's not debatable. A lot of people that already hunt early muzzleloader will hunt shotgun and late season if not successful. That's not datable. More seasons with more people with more guns means more bucks getting killed. I don't think that's debatable either.

Agree. None of that is debatable.

All I am seeing is a slightly higher success rate for landowners on more or less mature deer. Iowa landowners do incredible work for the health of animals and overall habitat for all animals in the state. CRP, Food Plots, TSI... The list goes on. Is it too much to give them a slightly better of chance on harvesting an animal on their land that they have put a crazy amount of time and financial investment into?

Also, this would apply to the antlerless landowner tags too (up to 3 LOT antlerless tags), which would increase the success rate on filling those antlerless tags. Let's not forget about that. Which is definitely a positive to help keep a healthy herd ratio, as it is key to the herds health.

With the land owner tag being in addition to a gun and bow tag they can hunt archery both shot guns and late muzzy. With the rise of the "deer manager" this whole need for a land owner tag has been perverted from it's original intention. The only one that "needs" another early bow tag are the TV show guys. I know plenty of land owners and I don't see them being crushed under the expense of their general tags.

I have always been philosophically opposed to land owner tags. I shouldn't have to spell out why but if you want to know look up the North American model of game management.

I also see a tag like this leading to more problems the next time the NRLO issue comes up in the legislature.

Top Bottom