Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

high fence laws

vman

Anybody have a good resource for laws regarding high fences?

Neighboring property has been a high fence for some time. The property changed hands a couple years back and the new owner opened some holes in the fence. Now a couple years later he has closed the holes off. Seems unethical to me.

I believe all deer must be removed before closeing up the fence. Most states charge a pretty high price for any remaining deer estimates.Deer breeders are monitored by the usda now not the dnr.I am sure it is totally illegal to let deer in, then close it.

I would contact a CO but my neighbor is one and we were talking about another place that is just about 100% enclosed. She said technically that every deer inside the enclosure they have to pay a fee for to the state which is a descent amount of money. I would think if he had the holes open and a bunch of deer came in, then he would have to somehow pay the state for those deer that are now enclosed.

I bet he could get in trouble for it somehow. I can ask the neighbor if you want.

I believe all deer must be removed before closing up the fence. Most states charge a pretty high price for any remaining deer estimates.Deer breeders are monitored by the usda now not the dnr.I am sure it is totally illegal to let deer in, then close it.

Yup.

I would contact a CO but my neighbor is one and we were talking about another place that is just about 100% enclosed. She said technically that every deer inside the enclosure they have to pay a fee for to the state which is a descent amount of money. I would think if he had the holes open and a bunch of deer came in, then he would have to somehow pay the state for those deer that are now enclosed.

Yup.

He still plans to hunt it for himself.

Sure, I bet he plans to. He'll need a tag unless he can provide proof of purchase for the deer. What he has done is totally illegal. Contact a CO immediately.

Top Bottom