Homemade Shed Collectors

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting Conference' started by Spurgeon, Dec 21, 2003.

1. Spurgeon

Spurgeon Guest

Started putting corn out behind my house where I don't hunt (city limits) and was wondering if somebody had plans for a shed collector.

2. AdBot Guest Advertisement

3. moose270

moose270 Guest

sounds kinda silly but if guys get enough cold weather freeze a couple old car springs in the ground directly in your feeding area. works good got three this year.

mike

4. dc240nt

dc240nt PMA Member

If you are feeding corn then you already have half of the perfect "home-made trap". Set two alfalfa bales about 15 inches apart and dump the corn inbetween them. This is the safest way to collect them. I've been doing it for several years and it works great.

5. SaskGuy

SaskGuy Active Member

I'm going to echo DC240's tip, the only difference here is that I'm using oats and peas instead of corn between my bales

6. bentheman

bentheman Guest

Are you using round bales for this or square bales?

7. dc240nt

dc240nt PMA Member

Bigshooter. I use small square bales. I suppose round bales would work also, just adding to the work though. I like to carry my feed into the woods at least a half mile, so the round bales are out.

8. duckaholic

duckaholic New Member

9. bentheman

bentheman Guest

Thanks dc240 and duckaholic. I think i might try both of your ideas! Hopefully i'll be able to get some sheds this year. [​IMG]

10. Spurgeon

Spurgeon Guest

Thanks for all of the help, I think I am not going to put a collecter up, becaue the person that owns the land behind our house might get a little squirrelly about it(Bunny Hugger) But I did see a really nice 11 or 13 pointer that had both sides yet. So hopefully I will be lucky enough to find his sheds around the area.