Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

How wet is it?

We just got another 2 inches of rain, and more is forecast for Friday. I am surprised corn prices are not higher than they are? The revised report will not be good.

• Deleted by IowaBowHunter1983
Show…
Show…
Show…
Show…
Show…
Show…
Show…
Show…
Show…
Show…
Show…
Show…
Show…
Show…
Show…
Show…
Show…
Show…
Show…
Feel free to start a thread about politics. If folks want to have that conversation there, I'm all for it. There is no point in doing it in a thread about deer/habitat. All that stuff gets lost.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Feel free to start a thread about politics. If folks want to have that conversation there, I'm all for it. There is no point in doing it in a thread about deer/habitat. All that stuff gets lost.

A. The thread has nothing to do with deer habitat.
B. The site owner was involved in the conversation, I'd think if he had a problem with it he could have taken care of it

This was one of the most civil political discussions I have seen on this site. And, the OP was very involved in it and didn't mention being frustrated with it being hijacked.

My "wow" was because I have seen threads go on forever in the past that involved some serious personal attacks on members that were not shut down. While this one did turn political, it didn't seem out of line at all.

Is the new rule on IW that no political discussions are allowed?

I lump Corn/beans/precipitation/farms all into a relevant conversation. I'm not for censorship in the least. 90% of thread was fine but not going to cherry pick. I'd love to know peoples thoughts on the grain market, planting info, USDA reports, whatever.

Stupid parades, trumps personally character
.. whatever.

This was one of the most civil political discussions I have seen on this site. And, the OP was very involved in it and didn't mention being frustrated with it being hijacked.

My "wow" was because I have seen threads go on forever in the past that involved some serious personal attacks on members that were not shut down. While this one did turn political, it didn't seem out of line at all.

Is the new rule on IW that no political discussions are allowed?
Not at all. I'm not making rules. Not at all my place. Please start a new discussion. I'd love to participate.

Hey Skip you’ve been....... Trumped!!!!!

c287b690ff3bb8863f444552e042b6b2.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not at all. I'm not making rules. Not at all my place. Please start a new discussion. I'd love to participate.

I respectfully disagree. When you delete a set of posts you are setting (or at least enforcing) a rule. Otherwise, you are just randomly deleting posts. What was the rule that was broken or line that was crossed to cause you to take that action? As a "super moderator" you obviously have that right, but it would be nice to know why so we can all play by the rules going forward.

I don't think it can be "because the topic strayed from the original post" or you have a lot more deleting to do.

Thanks in advance for the explanation.

I respectfully disagree. When you delete a set of posts you are setting (or at least enforcing) a rule. Otherwise, you are just randomly deleting posts. What was the rule that was broken or line that was crossed to cause you to take that action? As a "super moderator" you obviously have that right, but it would be nice to know why so we can all play by the rules going forward.

I don't think it can be "because the topic strayed from the original post" or you have a lot more deleting to do.

Thanks in advance for the explanation.
Trust me when I say nothing more than best intentions were/are in play. There has been basically zero "moderation" on this site and I don't see that changing.

You know why this site is 99% better than places like Facebook or other internet "communities"? ... because there is very few stupid political arguments or jabs. There is no doubt that things like political trade policy and grain markets are related to the whitetail world because that world is very much connected to the farm world. More conversations about that would be great. I just started at the first one and indiscriminately deleted everything after it. You are correct if you think most of it was completely fine. I agree.

You know how to quickly get people disinterested and disengaged? Irrelevant personal attacks, meaningless comments about illegal aliens, gay parades, or whevever. So much of that goes on everywhere else and you know what happens? People just move on, all value is lost, and people that have something meaningful to contribute just find somewhere else to do it or stay silent.

I like this site because it's the best place I know of that has the smartest/hardcore people out there. I have learned a ton and hopefully contributed a little value for others AND it very rarly turns into the stupidity I see at places like Facebook.

So, I am not sure that addresses your concern but the goal was to do nothing more than reset the conversation which was about weather and crops before, as 203 stated, it turned into a tornado spiral.

Best regards.

Last edited:
Thanks. I obviously missed some of the ending comments as I didn't see one regarding a tornado spiral - so maybe it got much worse.

My view is a better approach is to have a moderator step in and ask it stop, then lock it if it doesn't stop. This shows the participants what is and isn't acceptible. As it is now, we just know "something went wrong".

I do appreciate the efforts to keep this a great site!!

I’m gonna be a benevolent dictator & let above play out how it is. Which- I think everyone on here agrees with most things said & understand every side of above. In any case- this site will keep with freedom, fun, lots of information, debate & discussion. Yes- I admit we got a lil off course- all in good fun & passion. All the rest speaks for itself.
One random last point.... I am on Facebook maybe once a month. Facebook does NOT like hunters (happy to explain) & about 2 minutes on there & ive had enough. Obnoxious, waste of time, not informative & 75% of folks on there were dropped on their heads as infants. We’ll keep IW top notch & actively implementing little things behind the scenes to Keep it great & make some positive advancements. Long story- but good things ahead. All good fellas. Bring some rain, lil cooler temps & big deer to everyone’s cameras or Binos in next few weeks!

I am on Facebook maybe once a month. Facebook does NOT like hunters (happy to explain) & about 2 minutes on there & ive had enough. Obnoxious, waste of time, not informative & 75% of folks on there were dropped on their heads as infant

Well said Sligh1. I never was interested in any social media like you mentioned, never will. Those sites are the root of a lot of the problems in America today. Iowa Whitetail is top notch and the only site I visit. Keep up the good work and thank you!!!

Back to the original post it’s not wet at all and we need some rain down in southeast Iowa. Forecast looks bone dry and hot the rest of the month. Going to be planting turnips in the dust pretty quickly.

Back to the original post it’s not wet at all and we need some rain down in southeast Iowa. Forecast looks bone dry and hot the rest of the month. Going to be planting turnips in the dust pretty quickly.

It changes in a hurry. I’m hearing quite a few areas need rain.

Top Bottom