Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

How wet is it?

Seems to be the norm here also!
Crazy wet in the spring then a dry spell.... global warming:D

Agreed and always will FB is the trolling grounds for tools not all but 95% of them.... but I find good recipes there :oops:

I do wish tho beings while we’re on the subject that there were more posts in the off months to keep members engaged so they don’t wander off and never come back.

Back to the original post it’s not wet at all and we need some rain down in southeast Iowa. Forecast looks bone dry and hot the rest of the month. Going to be planting turnips in the dust pretty quickly.

It really is hard to comprehend...one time it is so wet you can't do anything, three weeks later...dust bowl city.

Back to the original post it’s not wet at all and we need some rain down in southeast Iowa. Forecast looks bone dry and hot the rest of the month. Going to be planting turnips in the dust pretty quickly.

It really is hard to comprehend...one time it is so wet you can't do anything, three weeks later...dust bowl city.

Ya can’t blame me for saying its dry. It really has been extremes since I came to Iowa. Can’t hardly remember a Summer I received some rain now and then throughout. All or nothing Seems the norm. Farmer across the road had to get his corn in late. Between the floods. Now it is showing dry stress. Even gettin hard to raise corn in Iowa. I planted a new clover plot near the house. Saw deer really using this crossing alot last fall. Got a stand along the travel route. And I can get a hose to it! May be my only plot this season.

Obviously everyone knows that general speaking crops were super late. Now severe heat and DRY. I expect crops that got a late start to really struggle. It will be interesting to watch how the grain markets continue to react. $5 corn is a real possibility. Tie that back into farms; does that help or hurt land values. Lots of farmers will get whooped this year, but higher prices could make the outlook much better. I don't think anyone really knows for sure. Super interesting.

If we get a 3-4 week super hot and dry spell, that could really lower the bushel count for corn and soybeans. Timing is off this year, and late planted corn could be in trouble in 95 degree weather for that long. Forecast does not look good for parts of the Midwest.

I would not rule out $6 if it is extreme

National Doppler Radar (rain report) showed part of SE MN having 8-12 inches of rain in the past 24 hours....yikes

Top Bottom