Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

HSB 175 increase in hunting/furharvesting fees

I support an increase in hunting/furharvesting fees

• Yes

• No

• Neutral

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't understand how the buddy system works at the state house but what is my Beloved Farm Bureau doing on this committee :confused:

Passed the House today, amended so that landowners can use their two tags in any season, bow or gun.

The bill will now be taken up in the Senate.

Beats me but it is what's in the bill. I'm not up on LO tags but I thought in the past they could get an archery and a gun tag now both tags would be good in any season?

....two deer hunting licenses, one antlered or any sex deer hunting license and one antlerless deer only deer hunting license.....

.....The free deer hunting licenses issued pursuant to this paragraph shall be valid and may be used during any bow or firearm deer hunting season.

The way I read this is you get to hunt two seasons with the free L.O. tag. That seems silly if your looking for more money. This will definitely put more deer in the dirt. How do you tell which two seasons they hunted?

The way I read this is you get to hunt two seasons with the free L.O. tag. That seems silly if your looking for more money. This will definitely put more deer in the dirt. How do you tell which two seasons they hunted?

The way I read it the landowner can hunt all seasons. The piece that says you can fill tags in two seasons is because there are two tags to fill. One can be filled in one season and the other on another.

So the resident and nonresident licenses are going up? How close to passing is this?

Good question. It was assigned to a Senate subcommittee on the 19th and the legislature adjourned for the year on the 22nd. I can't find anymore about it. It may be in some sort of legislative limbo or it may just be dead. I don't know.

I'm sure locals don't care that much, but if this fee increase happens. A NR is looking at $700 to hunt deer in Iowa.

That's just overkill.

The thing about the NR tags is the demand is WAY greater than the supply. So, they have every incentive to raise them to the point that demand starts going down. They have not hit it at $500. I don't think $700 moves to the needle much either. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but it's something to watch. The crazy thing is, if NR tags hit say $2,000....they would likely still sell out the NR allocation.

The thing about the NR tags is the demand is WAY greater than the supply. So, they have every incentive to raise them to the point that demand starts going down. They have not hit it at $500. I don't think $700 moves to the needle much either. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but it's something to watch. The crazy thing is, if NR tags hit say $2,000....they would likely still sell out the NR allocation.

I don't think so. Reciprocity would be a good idea... hunting, fishing, that would get the numbers down.

Iowa is good hunting, but for 1/3 the price and a tag yearly you can still shoot nice bucks in other states.

Top Bottom