Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

I Hate To See This...

A

Admin

Every once in awhile you'll see this out in the field .I always hate when it happens but it does and all you can do is cut them out and hope for the best.

uploadedFawnFence2.jpg

Young fawn in a pickle, 10/18/01 - 8:45 AM

By the way Tony, I appreciate all your photos that you post. I am currently using the photo of the buck rubbing a tree as wallpaper on my computer.

I remember finding a doe once in a fence like this picture. The deer was expired. It's leg was a twisted mess. I can't imagine the pain and suffering it had gone through not to mention starving to death. I hope I never see that again!!!!

Yep, I cut it out. I called my CO and he had me put it down, the poor thing was in bad shape. Not a fun morning but better me than 3-5 days caught on a fence and coyotes chewing on it.

Nature can be cruel but she is very real.

TLH

Scout,

You know I thought the same damn thing when I was cutting the fence. I think he keeps Angus bulls in there everyonce in awhile.

All,

You know what messed this deer up was the "hotwire" on top of the highest barbwire, about 2 inches apart. It worked like a snare, very dangerous for whitetails.

Sod,

Thanks on nice comment. I enjoy taking pics especially of whitetail deer. The photo you are using as a SS is one of my best ever.You can see in the pic he is literally trying to knock over that tree.

uploadedDoes101901.jpg

Caught these does in the river this morning, pretty dark shot but it's fun to go out.

[This message has been edited by TLH (edited 10-19-2001).]

Top Bottom