Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

IBA Spring Banquet

bigbuckhunter88 it was nice meeting you. Glad you enjoyed it. Next year bring the NE IA with ya. Buddy of mine from Decorah came for the first time as well.

I forgot about the expensive pie that I came home with :D:D I savored every bite and shared it with no one:cool:

This was my 3rd year in a row and i enjoy conversation the most! i could talk bow hunting all day. I would add I have seen less and less attending each year it seems. Could be wrong though. I would think better raffle items, and a key speaker would help. I watched a large group of people get up and leave as soon as outdoor dan started to talk. I think of it this way. My local PF banquet always does well because of two reasons. Awesome raffle items and keynote speaker. There are at least 10 guns to raffle, prints, homemade items and so on.. a chance to win great prizes will get people to come. Also noticed there is no 'young crowd'. I am 26 and there wasn't many of us there. SAD. I think if we are open to discuss change it could be good.

How were ticket sales this year? Wondering if the new venue helped or hurt attendance at all? Or the speaker?

Hard to say on the venue. Some happy it was back at hotel. A few wives that normally go didn't because they stayed at waterpark with kids. which isn't all bad creating a family weekend at a waterpark. Ticket sales were down slightly. Maybe 20 people if that. Only 4 hunts on auction this year. African was up from previous years, 2 man bear hunt was down, pheasant hunt was up a little, and hog hunt was down. Don't have the actually numbers in front of me. If you want to call me some evening I will look them up for ya. Next years date is off the classic and far enough away from the classic we can sell tickets there. Hopefully that helps along with a some additional changes for next year.

Top Bottom