Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Incredible weekend of fishing in Sask.

Day 2 was just ridiculous. WE anchored at about 10 a.m in 3 ft of water and never picked it up again except to move 50 feet to get band aids from my brothers boat. We never had a break in the action all day. It was like being anchored in an aquarium full of pike. You never have to prompt a pike smile.
BopOAanIgAEH_gc.jpg:large

I do not even take a bunch of photos on day 2 because I was too busy and fish like this one simply became a dime a dozen for us.
BopP03wIEAE40dn.jpg:large

My brother managed a few bigger fish than us using a different tactic but it was just too fun for us to change it up at all. Unfortunately a nasty electric storm rolled through around 5 and chased us for the docks. This was the last fish in that incredible spot.
BopQjsqIcAI8Y6z.jpg

One of the best seasonal posts on IW every year...Saskguy catches the ice out northerns! Great fish! Congrats!

Is the fishing like that on other Canadian lakes at ice out or are you going to a secret spot? That looks like so much fun I might have to go spring pike fishing sometime!

Awesome Thread Kaare!
We did that while bear hunting in Northern Manitoba at ice out. 3 of us fishing and had multiple triples. Canada is awesome.

Great post! that "average" fishing trip for you would be killer to experience just once- nice work and keep posting!

Lots of memories for you and Reid both! I bet you all had some tired arms after hauling in so many of those toothy critters! AWESOME! Once in a lifetime trip for a fisherman down here!

-Longspurs-

Great Pic's Kaare, you have my mouth watering over those walleye's, Our buddy Bob from Mich. brings some down ever year for deer camp I can not wait for Nov, to get here.

After the storm passed, we wandered to the boats and Reid and I climbed in my brothers boat and four of us went about 200 yards from the dock for a short walleye derby. After 30 minutes the count stood at uncle 14, dad, 12, Reid, 12. Some more pesky pike were in the mix too. I actually had the biggest pike I saw during the trip try eat a walleye a boatside.
BorZSvMIcAA4GeO.jpg:large

Great stuff as always Kaare!!! Thanks for sharing, I for one wouldn't have been able to leave such a gorgeous place. Any size to eyes up there? Have a good buddy whose from Regina and they go north couple hours to a unbelievable walleye lake, he's constantly sending me pics of 28+ inch fish.

I'd guess he's fishing Last Mountain lake down there. incredible big fish lake. Here stuff in the 28 inch range is not common. They just grow slower further north. I've pulled some that big out of this lake but it is more common to think 26 OR 27 inch walleye are real good here though some days a guy gets lucky and gets dozens from 25 to 27. The biggest we got this trip was 25 but we didn't search at all for the larger fish. The last morning I was never more than 100 yards from the launch. I heard a week earlier 27 to 29 inch fish were stacked there.

The pike fishing is what I usually go for as i love it as much as whitetail hunting and I get a lot of big fish each yr. I feel very lucky to have a family cabin there.

Last edited:
Sunday morning before we drove the hr home we went out for some close eyes. We simply fished the creek that feeds the lake in front of the docks. The little bugger was hooked up before I even got tied on.
BouVuJzIgAAkXdC.jpg:large

Top Bottom