Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Interesting Way To Check Trail Cam Pics

MO-APE

Bought the camera connector kid for my iPad; I can pop the SD card in and view or transfer the pics right there in the field. When I get back to house, I can then easily transfer pics from iPad to home PC. It is easy to carry and you don't have to "turn on" the iPad at each camera site. If you have one or looking to get one, it is definitely worth the $28 adapter!

I assume if you had the same adapter for the iPhone you could do the same...

You got me excited thinking I could do this with my Iphone. I don't think it's possible though. I just looked up the component and it's only listed for the Ipad. I think it has something to do with the way the files and system works within the Ipad compared to the Iphone.

that is a ROCKIN way to check cards.... I have been looking at an iPad for a while now, and this is just another reason to get one!

Good call!

:way:

Another good way is to use SD cards with the mini-card in them...pull the mini card and (with better cell phones) pop the mini-card into the phone to view.

Being it is the peak of trail cam season, thought I'd do a refresh of this thread, I assume there are a lot more iPads and tablets out there since I last posted.

Here is the kit I bought. Mine works on my old iPad 1 and the new iPad 3, never tried on an iPad 2 but it should work:
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC531ZM/A

This lets me clean and store the pics off my SD cards in the field, then when I get home I can pull the pics off my iPad and save on my PC. Very easy process.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
I just bought the same kit for my iPad 2...it works GREAT for PICTURES but TERRIBLE for VIDEOS. I run videos on my Bushnell 119466 cameras and the iPad 2 will not load or play AVI video files. You have to convert all the videos to fit an iPad supported format. Kind of disappointing in that respect but once again for pictures it's awesome!

I still use my phone, I get a 8GB card with a adaptor and put the mini SD in my phone and flipped through a few pictures and then go home. if I have like 30 pictures I just go and put it back in the camera. Works great.

Tried the SD adapter with my iPhone yesterday.... It does not work.

Kinda stinks, would be nice...

I do this also. I wish it gave you the option to view the pictures full screen from the SD card instead of having to copy them all to the iPad.

I agree It's is a great way to check cameras instead of switching out cards. Would be nice if apple could update the iPhone to work with the same kit and include more video files. Wish I could run iCloud a little better to get the selected monsters on my phone..

Try this one...

All I'm new to the forum and happened to see this thread. I thought I would share a product I found last year. Check out www.airstash.com. They offer a wireless flash drive that is great for the IPhone. You just add your SD card to the flash drive, turn it on, select the flash drive as your wi-fi connection, open the airstash app (free app at the time i got it), and you can view all pics on your iPhone. Obviously if the file type is not supported by apple products you can't view it. Example are the vids others have mentioned not being able to view. But it is great for pics and the best I've found for using with the IPhone. The flash drive still has the USB plug in so you can just plug it into your computer and download pics if you'd like too. You can also save the pics you like from the flash drive onto your IPhone and put the card right back into your camera. It's been a real cool tool for me.

Does this work where wifi isn't available because if I go into the woods I don't have wifi to transfer?

Do you actually have to have a WiFi connection? I'm wanting to view them right in the field and save the "good" pics in my iphone.

You can do exactly that. I'll sometimes pull the card and sit in the stand and review pics to pass the time. The only drawback is that at times it takes a second or two to transfer the pic to the phone depending on the size of the file, but I have found that it is not a big deal. Even with 8 mega pixel pics it only takes a couple of seconds max to transfer.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Top Bottom