Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa Conservation Alliance Meeting

ElkHunter

Life Member
This week the ICA held a Meet Your Legislator meeting in DM.Some of the groups represented were DU,PF, SCI, BASS,Ia NWTF, IBA, Ia Meat Lockers, Ia Trappers Assoc,Whitetails Uulimited. It was a great opportunity for the sportsman groups to meet with several Natural Resource Comm. members and other legislators.To express our thoughts and concerns on issues in the legislature.Turned out to be a very beneficial night for both sides.
People tend to believe that the IBA is the only group wanting to keep NR deer tags at the level they are now.After polling their members. PF,Ia.NWTF and Whitetail Un.stated they WOULD NOT SUPPORT any increase in NR deer tags.All other groups there didn't have a perference on the subject.Nice to know that its not just the bowhunter who likes the deer hunting in Ia.as it is now.
beerchug.gif

Thanks for the update Elk...what were the Committee members responses? I hope they see it the same way we do.

Cap
Just the usual politician answer.Very interesting,we'll check into it.But when you let them know they'll be hearing from their constituents they perk up a little.Just be ready to make some phone calls.
893USA1-thumb[1].gif

Elkhunter,

Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of the Iowa Cons. Alliance, would like to learn a little more about them. I can't seem to find a web site for them.

Most of the legislators I talked to predicted a slight increase in nonresident licenses. Let your legislators know how you feel.

The ICA is a relatively new organization coordinating the efforts of a lot of conservation oriented groups in the state of Iowa on legislative issues. I think it is really going to help the cause of conservation and make each member group more effective.

Old Buck

Top Bottom