Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa Monster....

shocked.gif

I have pics of this buck in two different e-mails with two different names on it. Two different photos of the same uck, one in the garage and on on the tailgae. Something is wrong with what's going around about this buck.

EIther way at 264 it would NOT be the #2 non-typical in Iowa.

havent heard that one yet but have heard there is alot of contraversy around it... but my god the deer is amazing take a look at those brow tines

Image Hosting

Clearly this is the same buck. The e-mail I got says it was killed by scott cooley of Ankeny. I suppose it could be a prank.

IMG_3982.JPG

Email I got said Chris Wood shot it. I imagine the controversy will only grow as there are many hunters with sheds and trail camera pics of it from the area it was shot at. Some claim it to be a trespassing case. Who knows?? Hopefully it will get resolved! He should have read the tagging requirements though. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Limb Chicken</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you seen the deer dc240nt? </div></div>

I can see where DC is coming from Limb. The pic in the garage looks all of 260", maybe more, whereas the pic in the truck looks more like a 230". Different angles I guess. One thing is for certain, true monster right there.

Also I don't know if you guys have checked out the controversy on the other Iowa sites but MY OPINION is that they won't find any issues in the killing of this deer. Sounds to me like several fellas worked hard at killing this year and some dude from out of town comes in a whacks him during shotgun season.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JNRBRONC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you want a good look at it, watch today's Midwest Whitetail. </div></div>

Good gawd...disregard my previous post!

I wish Bill would have done an actual interview with the guy instead of just showing the pictures. With all the contraversy going around about this deer that would have been a prime time for the guy to clear the air about it. Unbelievable deer, it's just too bad there is a dark cloud over it for the time being.

I would guess that Bill is doing an article for NA WHitetail on the buck and therefore all he could do was show it on his webcast and not interview him.

Apparently Scott Cooley was in the party when the buck was shot and that is where some of the confusion came from. Still a lot of unanswered questions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wish Bill would have done an actual interview with the guy instead of just showing the pictures. </div></div>
Agreed. Any way you look at it though, It's an incredible deer!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any way you look at it though, It's an incredible deer! </div></div>

Exactly. The details will come out sooner or later but that deer is really cool. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Cooley needs to learn that you stand arms length BEHIND the deer! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Limb Chicken</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you seen the deer dc240nt? </div></div>

I received an email from a person that was either in the hunting party, or was a witness to measuring it. Either way, they have seen the deer and it was measured by someone within the group, and as they said in the email, "should go around 230".

I'm not saying its not a hell of a deer. I'm just saying that when its compared to a true 260 inch deer it seems to fall short. Photo's can be very deceptive as we all know. I've scored a few thousand whitetail and usually know what I'm looking at. I could be wrong though.

Top Bottom