Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa Monster....

NICE animal, sad part is , two people have claimed ( shot it) ,trespassing, and this yrs law requires all Bucks to be tagged on the antlers, no tag visable, glad im not sorting it out, looks like the DNR may have a free mount to display at the classic next yr.

Nothing wrong with doing a skull mount. One thing about a eropean, you can set it on the coffee table and still be able to pick the rack and head up and really get to admire it up close.

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

That sure is one AWESOME buck!!!

Definitely an awesome buck, unfortunately other big bucks have also had some controversy around them. But, this one seems to have WAY, WAY, more controversy than others. Not saying I have an opinion either way because I don't. The controversy seems to have started before this one was even harvested. We'll have to wait and see. Until proven, Congrats to the hunter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> you can set it on the coffee table and still be able to pick the rack and head up and really get to admire it up close.
</div></div>

It's also easier for someone who breaks in to your house to walk out with it if it's sitting on the coffee table.

Just a thought...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Heart Surgeon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> you can set it on the coffee table and still be able to pick the rack and head up and really get to admire it up close.
</div></div>

It's also easier for someone who breaks in to your house to walk out with it if it's sitting on the coffee table.

Just a thought...

</div></div>

If someone wants to break into a house to steal a rack, the only place it will be safe is in a safe.

What if it's 14' up a wall and there's no ladders around and there is also a mean dog that sleeps underneath the rack every night? I know, it's a stretch, but it's possible.

It's sad to see so many fellow hunters raining on this guys parade. The man shot probable the biggest buck of his life and you all are draging it threw the mud. Hell its probable a bigger buck then any of us will ever kill. Sounds like a bunch of jealousy to me. As far as the deer not being tagged right and DNR getting the rack, They could look at other post on this site and other Iowa sites and get those rack also. MY HATS OFF TO THIS MAN FOR JOB WELL DONE.

Talked to a guy, who is a straight shooter and doesnt throw bull, whose treestand was 200 yds from where the deer was shot. He showed me trailcam photos of this deer a year ago. He was down in the area at the time....talked to the landowners etc. The group trespassed and therefore poached. They were kicked out of there during the day and then walked it later. Weird the deer was trucked before gutted. No gut pile no evidence. Guess where I am from we usually gut the deer before putting it in the truck. At least that way u can prove where u shot it. Im sorry but if the deer was takin completely legal the landowners and well as the guy I talked to face to face said they woulda been happy for him. All this is going to do is make the few landowners left that let ppl hunt make them stop letting ppl hunt. Its hurting all of us in the hunting community when something life this happens.

THat buck is a pig. It seems as though everytime there is a big buck shot there is controversy. Its kind of sad there is always controversy.

You would be sad if u where the land owner who has been fallowing this deer for 3 years has video, sheds, and tons of trail cam photos. So when the story is written the hunting community will know the truth and hope that shot gun hunter gets the max fine!

All I can say on this subject is I know a buck that my brother shot that he tried to stalk with a bow early in the year and he was killed by my brother (coincidence) with a shotgun six-seven miles south of where he stalked him. All I can say is hunting is hunting there area alot of big deer our there. I hate controversy and this has it but the only reason alot of people are rasising eyebrows is the fact that someone will buy that deer and that is ridiculous I hunt for fun and a family event. I enjoy hunting for the trials, troubles, and nervousness. We all know on this site that we talk about the nervousness during bow hunting. It is a fact of life. Hunting is hard. I will say quite hating on someone who shot a big buck if you don't know the story. We will all continue to hunt no matter what. Enough said. Back to hunting Muzzy is a few days away.....

I get a kick out of guys that think they can judge deer well over 200" to the nearest inch from a picture. It makes me laugh when a deer has 30 some points and you can only see 20 of them from the pic, yet some of these "experts" think they know the score with out seeing 10 of the scorables. Comedy. Congrats to the hunter and we may never know what really happened. Its pretty easy for some jealous person to make up a story because they were the one that has sheds and "history" and what not. A deer is a wild animal and people think they are the only one that can kill a specific deer, whatever, gets old all the bs flying around.

I've been following the story on this deer on here and on Iowa Outdoors.

Rumors on Iowa Outdoors is that the DNR is currently in possession of the deer.

Chris Wood himself posted on Iowa Outdoors that the deer was at a "world-renowned" taxidermist getting a mount, which would go against the post saying something about a European mount.

Rumors are rumors, but something tells me there isn't something quite right with the story so far of this harvest.

Top Bottom