Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

iowawhitetail connection problems

muddy

When I'm at home I can't log onto iowawhitetail or the email, when I'm at work I can? Since the difference is only about 3 miles something has to be screwy with my home connection. I've turned the firewall off and restarted and still no luck, so the firewall went back up and I'm still SOL at home. Weird thing is this just started yesterday afternoon because Monday night I was checking the site just fine. All other websites I check work fine as well so it's not the modem or router as far as I know. Tonite I'll probably unplug and replug the router and modem back in just to check that.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Are you on South Slope? Monday I guess S.S. was way slow but that effected everything not just IW. My connection at work ysterday was just fine and OK here at home. I'm not very bright about much of anything, especialy computers, sounds like its a problem with your computer that it doesn't like IW. Don't think its a network problem. Cookies? I dunno. When I got this computer over a year ago IW was very very slow, I had to change settings on my internet options and it changes the way the back ground colors look and just the general look of the site but it made it much faster. Don't remember what I had to to.

The 'Bonker

Turn off the parental controls
evil.gif

We run Mediacom cable at home and occasionally I need to pull the power to the cable modem. If I can't bring up a website, I check to see if the bottom light in the vertical string is solid instead of blinking. If it is constantly lit, time to pull the power, plug it back in, and restart the computer.

Don't think you are on Mediacom in NL, are you?

Not on mediacom, on South Slope I believe. There's no error message, it just says it cannot find the website www.iowawhitetail.com. Everything else runs perfectly fine and up to speed, just all of a sudden my machine doesn't like IW, and that does not make me happy. I'll probably pull the modem and router plug and then if that don't work call South Slope. As much as I hate talking on customer service lines at least with South Slope I'm guaranteed a guy who can speak english and if he makes me really mad he's only 6 blocks away.
threaddevil.gif

Sometimes I do get error loading messages for Iowawhitetail, something in the script that even the machines here at work don't like, anybody else get stuff like that? The little yellow exclamation point and message "error on page" down at the bottom?

Muddy,
I had the exact same problem at work yesterday. It seems to works just fine this morning though. At home I had no problem. I will wait and see what happens today.

When I was in Chicago for business last August, I stayed at the Sheraton. The first night, I was able to connect with IowaWhitetail. The next night, it would not connect. I could pull up other hunting sites, though. The internet provider help line could not figure it out. They were able to view IowaWhitetail and could not figure out why I couldn't. I ended up canceling the worthless internet connection to the room.
grin.gif

It can be really frustrating, hope you can get it resolved!

[ QUOTE ]
There's no error message, it just says it cannot find the website www.iowawhitetail.com. Everything else runs perfectly fine and up to speed, just all of a sudden my machine doesn't like IW, and that does not make me happy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Had the same thing last night. I was on it earlier, then went back and kept saying could not find the website. Working fine here at work this morning, so I'm at a loss as to why wasn't working at home.

I think once you reach 6000 posts it is the computers way of saying "geesh, slow down already!" Ha,ha.
grin.gif

Last night I couldnt get on to Iowawhitetail at all..everything else I could...I work for the internet provider we have at our house, and we couldnt figure anything out. Works fine today however...

I told a friend of mine about the website yesterday and he said he was going to check it out. Called me a couple hours later and said he couldn't find it. Kept saying error on the page.

Something must be up...I was on IW early this morning but then could not get to it all the rest of the day.

I'm using a friends puter right now
confused.gif

I could go to any other web site except IW..I turned off the security for a moment...still nothing
confused.gif
confused.gif

Can't make it thru the day without my IW "fix"...
crazy.gif
grin.gif

All computers (4) at home are unable to load IW.com

Work I have no problem bringing it up. I tried the disconnect route and nothing changed. I feel it has nothing to do with settings.

Yeah, I reset everything possible last night, modem, router, machine, everything. Even turned off my firewalls for a time just to see what the deal was, I've come to the conclusion that maybe the sites IP address has changed and somehow is acting buggy. I've got the shakes worse than a dog crapping razor blades without my IW at home.

After I read this post yesterday, I couldn't get the site to come up until around 3:30. I didn't what was going on. I think a few people were having the same problem.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Addicts.
evil.gif

[/ QUOTE ] I've got the shakes worse than a dog crapping razor blades without my IW at home.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok Ok...I admit it...
blush.gif
blush.gif

Now get it fixed before I end up with Bonker in the "Padded Room"..
grin.gif
grin.gif

Top Bottom