Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Is there a minimum draw weight for Iowa?

no there is not, my aunt knows a game warden, and she just started bowhunting and asked him because she was concerned because she was only pulling 37 pounds. he said that she could hunt, ive always heard 45 pounds for a minimum, but i think that is just what people say. with todays new bows and light arrows, ive seen 37 pounds kill deer just like 75 pounds. granted with that light of draw weight, they limit their shots to shorter distances goodluck and hope this helped
smile.gif

Dad wouldn't let me hunt until I found a bow with a 40 pound draw. That seemed to be a good rule of thumb. With low poundage like that I would recommend a 2 blade fixed style head for better penetration.

i also had to pull 40 pounds and my dad made me shoot a broadhead that was a little heavier on a full length arrow for maximum penetration. also the broadhead didn't have a very big cutting diameter...i should take a pic as i still have my first deer killed broadhead in the garage!!

None that I know of but 40 would be a good cut off in my opinion. Are you getting a youngster or significant other involved in the sport?

Yes I am. He is 9. He shoots a PSE Spyder. The maximum draw weight is 40. He is pulling about 22 now.

Top Bottom