Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Jacob's Javelina Hunting Video

AZHunter

Iowa Boy At Heart
I've been waiting for this video since the end of January and it was definitely worth the wait! A friend of ours from The Mountain Project offered to help us on Jacob's first big game hunt, a youth javelina hunt. During planning, Brittany asked me if she could film it as part of their hunting season shows. Jacob's hunt is episode 32 of 45 and the previous 31 shows were great, too. Last night, as we watched this for the first time as a family, I was flooded with great memories and pride in my son. I was also full of thankfulness for having a great wife and great friends in The Mountain Project. Jacob was beaming and grinning from ear to ear last night. I watched the video three times last night because I couldn't get enough. In three long weeks, I get to take Jacob on his first turkey hunt and we're super excited for that!

If you like this video, go to YouTube and subscribe to The Mountain Project (the hunting channel, not the weed channel) and watch more. They're giving away t-shirts, other gear, and will be giving away a custom rifle at the end of the season!

Great stuff! Congrats to all...I again renew my petition to join your family...I would love to go on these high quality desert hunts. :) I will also say that I thought I was a gear hound...but you guys look like you own Cabela's or something! :) Congrats again, great memories there!!

Great stuff! Congrats to all...I again renew my petition to join your family...I would love to go on these high quality desert hunts. :) I will also say that I thought I was a gear hound...but you guys look like you own Cabela's or something! :) Congrats again, great memories there!!

You're more than welcome, Daver! Any time you want to hunt the AZ deserts or mountains, just say the word!

I've found that, when I'm hunting with my kids, I end up carrying way more gear than I should so that I can make their lives easier and their hunts more enjoyable, especially the farther away from roads we get and the longer we stay that far away. On a normal day for myself, my pack is in the 25-30-lb range. When I'm with the kids, its pushing closer to 40lbs. To her credit, though, as Syd's gotten older and stronger, she's able to carry more of her own gear. Thank God for those soccer legs!

I was also able to shed about 2 pounds of gear when I removed four knives from my pack when I bought my havalon!

I started watching The Mountain Project videos a few weeks ago. Good stuff. Good glass is a must out there. Congrats Jacob.

Top Bottom