Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Kids and Crossbows- Slippery Slope

"MORE OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL" & "KIDS". Someday (within 6 months when we get our list of all the new CRAP they are going throw in our system to change regulations and add a bunch of junk that jeopardizes our fragile & RECOVERING HERD) I am going to post a thread & write in about this topic to go through the thought process & political logic of it....

First off, I appreciate this perspective, hear your sincerity and I mean no personal attacks to anyone with this view. I've said it myself in my lifetime "why not give more opportunities to everyone?!!?". But, I'm going to give my thought out OPINION, one guy's opinion and you can agree or disagree. I'm not going to make a personal rip on someone but like any subject in our society, I will give my rationale argument on the topic....
"MORE OPPORTUNITY FOR EVERYONE" - Who can argue with that???? This is the same LIBERAL and often Political argument we get for everything that creates bad laws and regulations... Just like "The clean water act", the "fresh air act", the "Anti-Child abuse act", just by stating them, you surely can't be against anything, especially if it's for CHILDREN right?!?! This is EXACTLY how Liberals and most politicians get crap shoved down our throats that has screwed every system up from: business to healthcare to our legal system, wildlife management, etc.

1) Our STATE sets it's own laws. If hunters across the country are dwindling, thankfully we are just dealing with our STATE. Let's be clear... Is anyone seeing less deer hunters over the last 20 year time period? (maybe the last 5 when REGULATIONS destroyed or hurt our herd!!!!). Is anyone seeing MORE ACCESS TO HUNTING LAND??? Less competition for access, hunting opportunities, etc??

2) WHERE DO WE DRAW THE LINE IN THE SAND????? WHERE????????????? We can hunt deer SEPTEMBER 15 (KIDS, YES KIDS!!!!!!!) to January 10th!!! That's almost 4 frigin months. FOUR MONTHS!!!!!! A third of the whole year. This allows kids to hunt with any weapon during certain times (yes, it does, late ML season with crossbow, early season they can use a FIREARM, bow, ML). Do we really need more opportunities, really???? Did we not JUST get done with getting rid of of DISASTROUS season that did what some want "create more opportunities!!". Shed buck season was thankfully dialed back because of informed hunters that saw the consequences.

3) Let me be extremely clear here.... CROSSBOWS will come to legality due to: Lobbyists & Crossbow Manufacturers. Coupled with Politicians getting $, donations & lobbied. $ is the goal, profits to manufucturers, period. The method and goal is: to start with ANYTHING (youth season, late ML season) and move it into full Bow & Arrow season. The goal is NOT to get them with kids during youth season and drop it. It's a STEP BY STEP process to fully integrate and it's thought through by the tactful, smart & greedy folks with $ to gain. Impact to our resource is ZERO in care or consideration to them.

4) My personal side story... In MI, you couldn't hunt deer period until 12 years old when I started. I am a hunting nut and didn't even do it until 14. Squirrels and rabbits captured plenty of my attention through out my teenage years. My opinion (yes, like above, I will not tell you how to raise your kids, that is YOUR BUSINESS) - I'm not taking my boy deer hunting until he's probably 10, 12, 14, whatever. Whenever he's mature enough (no idea when that will be) & physically & mentally capable. I have my odd feelings towards a 6 year old shooting a deer, it's odd to me but folks can do as they wish. The FACTS of the matter though, getting away from emotion and the "don't tell me how to raise my kids" (which I don't want to): kids can hunt DEER at (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) any age now? Guns, bow, ML, etc. That right there is more OPPORTUNITY than I can imagine. By far more than I experienced and I had a heck of a hunting memory book from my teenage years.

5) this is NOT about Oppportunity. This is the typical Liberal argument about changing the status quo with no regards for the outcome. Period. If not, then, please, these folks wanting Liberal changes..... Why not year round deer hunting? How about July & August Velvet buck hunting, ONLY FOR KIDS THOUGH. How about a rifle season Jan 10-March 10? How about shotguns all of November? "TOO MUCH" for you? Exactly. Where do we draw the line in the sand??????? RIGHT HERE!!!!!!!!!!! Stop messing with the deer seasons and regulations. Leave this fragile system alone.

Top Bottom