Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Killing broadleaf weeds in Chicory Plot

mswaldo

I established a nice Chicory plot last year. It is coming up nice again, but there are a lot of broadleaf weeds coming up also. Does anybody know what I could spray to kill the broadleafs without killing the Chicory?

thanks for your help

Mowing it should take your your broadleaf's. You will need to mow It anyways.
There is a herbicide called raptor but I've never used it.

Slay and Raptor are very pricey. I think it would be cheaper to replant every year. The plot is only about .5 acre. I might just try roundup (light dose) and see what it does.

any other ideas?

thanks

Central already nailed it...just mow it. I haven't sprayed anything for broadleaves ever in a clover plot, mowing is the simple solution IMO.

Slay and Raptor are very pricey. I think it would be cheaper to replant every year. The plot is only about .5 acre. I might just try roundup (light dose) and see what it does.

any other ideas?

thanks

Slay isn't that expensive if you figure your cost per acre. You only need I think 4oz to spray an acre. I'm not sure chicory can stand light doses of round up as well as clover can. But mowing regularly is definitely the most cost effective.

where to buy?

Where can I order the small bottle of pursuit or Raptor? All I can find online is the gallon size.

thanks for your help

I know it's available in a quart bottle, mfa carries it here and seen at other stores that sell whitetail institute products. Try calling whitetail institute about the slay.

Ask your local co-op about Intensity. It is a grass kill. I use it on all my clover plots.

Whitetail Institute

I ordered a small bottle from Whitetail Institute. Thanks for your help. I might try mowing also.

Top Bottom