Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lake Macbride

camo658

My buddy and I are planning on fishing Macbride in a couple of weeks for some Walleyes. I was wondering if anyone from here had any success catching Walleyes during this time of year. If so, what did you use? Any other advice would be helpful.

One of my buddies fished there Sunday (for crappie) and didn't get a bite.. He did say they saw some dead fish floating including a channel cat pushing 15lbs.. Don't know how bad the winter fish kill was for sure there.

The month of May on any given lake in Iowa can be great for walleyes! My go to jig would be 1/16th ounce jig head (pink or orange) tipped with a minnow. You should be able to get leeches by then and it's hard to beat leech and a bobber as well. Not really familiar with McBride but I've got some buddies who do really well there for walleyes most of the summer!

The month of May on any given lake in Iowa can be great for walleyes! My go to jig would be 1/16th ounce jig head (pink or orange) tipped with a minnow. You should be able to get leeches by then and it's hard to beat leech and a bobber as well. Not really familiar with McBride but I've got some buddies who do really well there for walleyes most of the summer!

Yeah, thanks for the advice. I'm thinking he wants to get on the water sometime this month (April).

I know there are a lot of different techniques and baits out there for walleye. The main challenge is locating the fish.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
  • Deleted by N/A
Show…
Top Bottom