Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lake McBride

When there are heavy rains, yes, when there is heavy boat traffic, also yes. But there are times and places where it is not chocolate milk, more of a stained look. If the water level is above normal pool and there is much boat traffic then a lot of the mud/dirt shoreline is exposed and leads to a dirtier type of water.

It is a very good place to catfish though, if that is of interest to you. I tend to focus more "uplake", away from the heavy boat traffic.
I fished it last year during the drought when it was way down and there had been no rain. And I was surprised at how murky it still was thought it would have settled out and been a little clearer. As for the catfish I am more of a bass fisherman and from being from down south that has been a little bit of an adjustment for me around here.

I fished it last year during the drought when it was way down and there had been no rain. And I was surprised at how murky it still was thought it would have settled out and been a little clearer. As for the catfish I am more of a bass fisherman and from being from down south that has been a little bit of an adjustment for me around here.

Forget the Res, it's nothing but upstream city sewer effluent and feedlot run off.

Fish McBride, Kent Park or Trueblood. Or take a trip to Lake Sugema or drive over to the Mississsippi River. I've heard Palo can be good, but I've never fished it.

I prefer too fish bigger waters I had planed on fishing the Mississippi this year but with it being up from all the rain I haven't went up this year.

Top Bottom