Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

late ML season

ia_buck

hey guys questine for u all... if this weather doesnt get colder or any snow by monday were do u look for deer? i hunt all public and it gets hit hard with shotgun hunting. it has standing corn and a lot of trees .... were would u sit on the edge by the corn or in the timber? thank in advance....

Still hunt. Pick days that are windy or the ground is quiet. Take your time cause the big deer have been conditioned to hunters and have learned to hold tight. Also because of the pressure they are most likely to be nocturnal so patience on your part is a must.

I would sit from dawn to dusk in the thickest cover you can find with the wind in your favor. Fields this time of year won't have any action before dark unless you're hunting very low pressure ground. If you're not seeing anything in the cover, then its time to get creative and still hunt. Since you're hunting public, I would prepare to give yourself some extra time also and get back in there where nobody else is willing to go.

Do most of you guys give the deer a week or so to calm back down so they don't

spook with the slightest sound?

Yeah I'd definitely give them a week unless you're hunting ground that hasn't been touched during the gun seasons. I probably won't hit the woods until around Christmas.

Top Bottom