Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lehigh Conversion for Knight Extreme Action

150 Class

You Knight Extreme and Elite owners should consider this conversion. I am usually an OEM type of person but every once in a while, I get convinced to convert from stock. Word is, Knight has been convinced too and that the new guns will come with or have the option of using this conversion. To look at their website, it looks like they are already selling it. I have not tried this Knight conversion but it sure looks like the Lehigh to me. http://www.knightrifles.com/209-conversion-breech-plug-M900044/

I am still testing mine but must say I am impressed so far. Here is the Lehigh link... http://lehighbullets.com/products.asp?cat=28

I am not linked to Lehigh so my opinions are not biased, just something I tried and here are my early observations.

Shot gun yesterday with a little bit of Blackhorn that I saved specifically for this test. Shoot gun several shots. Gun goes BANG every time. Reload dirty gun and let sit in back of truck overnight. Morning temps this morning, 2 deg F. Go out, put primer in gun, pull trigger, gun goes BANG. This was the main reason I tried the conversion. Blackhorn missfires or hangfires... I am confident they are no longer a concern in this gun.

Red plastic primer jackets... no longer needed.

Primer sealing without the jacket... absolutely. Much less gas leaking past the primer with this conversion than with the factory system.

I will clean the gun after church and get a better look at it then and I will also be testing it some more before next season but first impression is very good. :way:

Thanks for the information John. :way:<O:p</O:p

I have the Knight 209 Conversion Breech Plug however I have not installed it yet in my <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><st1:PlaceName w:st=
Long</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">Range</st1:placeType> Hunter. I do plan to give the Conversion Breech Plug a test this coming spring.

<O:p</O:p
I still have about 500 of the Red Knight Disc on hand. Certainly more than I am likely to use up.

It does look like a good idea. My dad has a KP1 that he sticks the primer directly into the breach plug. His misfires all the time with blackhorn 209 and winchester primers. I am starting to wonder if KP1 isn't as compatible with BH209 as the disc extremes. His breach plug is a little different.

By Randy Wakeman<O:p</O:p
Despite properly fitting sabots and using Federal 209A primers, I had hang fires with the Knight during my cold weather shooting. The problem is the very poor Knight Breech plug design that sprays primer residue all over the outside of the breech plug and inside the action, enough to foul the bottom of my scope. The Knight Breech plug is recessed so far that the breechblock does not come close to supporting it. Rather than properly encapsulating the primer, as the Omega does, the 209 primer is held in its sloppy breech plug pocket by a magnet. Upon ignition, due to the sloppy fit and lacking any piloting support from an extractor, or support from the back of the action, the 209 primer is free to propel itself backwards, spewing its residue everywhere. Everyplace except where it is all supposed to go, that is, which is through the breech plug to ignite the powder? Why only Savage Arms and Thompson/Center can design an efficient breech plug is a mystery. Only in muzzle loading are consumers asked to tolerate this level of unnecessary blowback. We shouldn’t have to.<O:p</O:p <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Going going....

http://www.lehighbullets.com/products.asp?cat=28

Not gone yet but looks like they are done making them. Hurry and order yours soon. I expect them to sell out. They will still be available from Knight but the Knight version has the vent liner brazed in place. The Lehigh comes with one spare vent liner and you can order more in the future from multiple sources.

I have no dog in this fight. Just something I bought, tried and recommend.

It does look like a good idea. My dad has a KP1 that he sticks the primer directly into the breach plug. His misfires all the time with blackhorn 209 and winchester primers. I am starting to wonder if KP1 isn't as compatible with BH209 as the disc extremes. His breach plug is a little different.

Hey Mike what breech plug is your dad using? Mine came with a domed one a dished one and the power stem. Ive tried them all and the only one that works with BH209 for me is the dished one and it shoots 100% flawlessly with CCI 209M primers no matter how long the guns been loaded or what kind of weather Ive been in never had a problem

Joe,

He is shooting the one that you directly put the primer into. It is different than the dished ones that I and a few others use that perform flawlessly. He has the one like mine and is going to try it. I am getting rid of mine gun soon and buying a CVA Accura V2. Time for change.

Top Bottom