Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Leupold BX 2 acadia binos

I've always been a cheap is good enough for me guy, but I bought a pair of these in 8x42 in 2008 I believe. They were easily the best glass I'd ever owned. I was really impressed with the low light performance. I'm sure the higher end stuff out there is noticeably better yet, but I've been happy with these. Last summer I was mowing my lawn and by chance I noticed them in the grass before I had the chance to run them over. I picked them up and the left side was full of moisture. I guess my five year old found them and was showing her cousin. She left them out there and it rained like two inches before I found them. Anyway, I sent them to Leopold and told them what happened. About a week later a brand new pair arrived in the mail. In my opinion, you can't beat that service. Free replacement of their bottom end glass that was seven years old and treated negligently. Can't go wrong with Leopold.

Yea that is kind of what happened with me...I had a pair of Redfield 10x50 and they just seemed a little blurry...through my research I found out that Leupold owns Redfield...so I called them and they had me send them in...I then receive a letter in the mail saying to call them about warranty options...I called and they said they have discontinued this model and would replace them with a pair of Leupolds....I went online and looked them up and they are giving me a pair of Binos that are worth double what I paid for my Redfields...that's one hell of customer service of you ask me!

I have owned a pair of these in 8x42 for probably going on 8-10 years. While not a guy who has owned "high quality" glass, I have been impressed with these given their price category.

If I replace them, I may look at Vortex also.

FYI - I just ordered a 8x42 Vortex Diamondback bino from Cabelas. Sale price $119.99 (regular price $219.99). Seemed like a heck of a good price for a mid-range bino. Vortex's VIP guarantee also.

I ordered these as well- great deal and shouldnt ever need another pair of this size again

Top Bottom