Linked trail cams???

Discussion in 'Trail Cams' started by rutnstrut, Jul 1, 2020.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. rutnstrut

rutnstrut PMA Member

What is the best option for a linked trail camera system these days? One that several cams can send all the pics to one specific cam or a "home unit"
    Non cellular as I have zero service in some areas.
    I was going to try some cuddelink cams but I was told that they eat batteries like crazy.

2. AdBot Guest Advertisement

3. 2-bucks

2-bucks PMA Member

I can't speak to other brands so they may be better, but I put out Cuddelink last year. I read about the same battery life so I bought a package deal with the D battery expansion pack. They also came with some low end batteries that I did use. I put them out first of October. The receiving unit died in early November. A couple others died mid/late November. Some made it all season. I replaced them each when they died and all were still running fine when I took them down the end of January. So not "perfect", where I can put them up and run a whole season with never changing batteries, but maybe one change per camera over multiple months. But I'll take that and am happy with them. It beats pulling cards on a much more frequent basis and disturbing the areas for me. I hope to get another pack for a second property this year. (My B-day is strategically placed in late August every year! Thank you mom and dad.)

I think this is where I got the bundle (or should I say where I suggested my wife go ;)). Then I bought a home unit so I did not have to use one of the cameras as the home.
    https://www.focuscamera.com/cuddeba...a-with-battery-booster-4-pack-and-reader.html

Sligh1 likes this.
  4. Sligh1

Sligh1 Administrator Staff Member

I’ve had some cuddelink J cams with solar panels stay running ongoing. Pretty stoked to have most in sun keep going.
    Side note: with cuddelink- the ants can get in. I take some insecticide concentrate & ran a coat in inside where controls are with q-tip.
    I’d have some spare antennas, screws for in back & maybe solar panel cords. Get that solar panel faced south to catch as much sun as possible. Have few more cams than think u need so u can link em up no issue.

5. gunrunr

gunrunr Life Member

My prices at BUCK HOLLOW are $100 below theirs on every package I checked - we are a family owned local business and supporter of Iowa Whitetail plus cameras are IN STOCK.

Tim Hull and Daver like this.