Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Little jake down!

deerhunter93

My wife and I welcomed our first child on April 1st so turkey hunting time took a back seat but I was able to sneak out Sunday morning for a fun hunt that ended with no shots fired.

Yesterday afternoon I was able to get out again for a couple hours and I got permission on a farm to hunt just that afternoon since it was the last day of second season. As soon as I got onto the property I saw a couple hens so I got setup and they worked by but no toms behind. As my time was winding down I figured I'd take the fan and head to a cattle pasture to see if I could reap a strutter. I got to the pasture and crested the hill to see a few turkeys along the tree line tucked under a cedar. I couldn't tell what they were but I thought I could see some red heads so I scooted that way. Once I got within about 60 yards they decided to come check the fan out and three jakes came in and I let two of them leave. A wife and newborn at home and I wasn't about to pass on a legal bird.

15lbs even
.25 and .25 spurs
4 inch beard = a whopping 28 for the score

Hopefully the first harvest photo of many with our little guy!
730da2e9759c9d7df6b3e6bc2ef5bb39.jpg
9a26de82e2ce8bf16299d70c50de0ddd.jpg
9646d3493f1aaaa69bf829e2e2f4bc75.jpg

Last edited:
My grandson doesnt look too thrilled to be in the pic. :rolleyes: But, I pray we have some future pics where he is smiling ear to ear.

Top Bottom