Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Locked bucks

LYON

PMA Member
Last night I was getting ready to leave home with my daughter for basketball practice when my brother called and said hey do you want to come fill your bow tag? They were combining a bean field and came upon a set of locked up bucks. One was dead and the other wasn't doing so hot. I said no, that's not the way I want to fill my tag and I had to leave anyways (which really sucked BTW). A pair of locked bucks about a mile from my house and I couldn't go see them...:(:( So the guys that were out there tried getting them apart but were unsuccessful. Unfortunately, the live one got its foot caught in the antlers and flipped itself over on its back and was suffocating so the landowner ended up shooting it. The DNR was brought out and he issued salvage tags for both bucks and the landowner is going to have them mounted which is pretty sweet! To twist the story even more, one of the bucks, the dead one, is an all white buck that has been running around this area for at least a year (last year was the first year he was noticed by anyone). And to make it worse, he'd been dead long enough that his hide was rotting so it couldn't even be salvaged. Here's a video from last year. The only time I ever saw that white buck myself. The neighbor over the hill to my north saw him almost daily. Not the best of pictures either. I'll try to get some good ones once the mount is complete.

Locked bucks 2.jpg

Locked bucks 1.jpg

That is wild! Sucks that the white one was rotten already, definitely a bummer to see any buck go that way.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Oh man!!! Those deer die some nasty deaths in nature sometime. I hope I never find one like that and would free em if i did. Bummer didnt make it.

I got a salvage tag for two a few years ago after finding them on my farm shed hunting. Sad deal for 2 magnificent animals. Nature's way is much crueler than a well placed shot.

Top Bottom