Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

lol

sep0667

Land of the Whitetail
Im usually not to nit picky, but thought this was a little funny. Its a property listed for sale on a popular hunting land site. Decatur county. well known realtor. i'm surprised he didn't catch this and put it on the site.

disclaimer:I know I know, this does not mean this stand is hunted out of, I get. upload_2018-1-30_18-35-27.png

upload_2018-1-30_18-35-27.png

3b4525836df3a0ede09469b545214f81.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder if that date is correct? Pretty risky. Didn't think that was even legal. I would say if you hunt any part of that farm, and you have a stand over a feeder, your up to no good. Suppose it's officer discretion.

He even wrote about how he has hunted and been a part of that farm for the past 9 seasons. I would think the date is right, the bucks are hard horn and you can see the color changed in both the leaves and the deer's fur.

If I hit the lottery I'd probably buy it, the pics make the place look like a zoo!!

also could this potentially get sent to the dnr?

I'm sure it could. I'm not going to though, theres no proof of any hunting out of stand in the pic. Maybe its been there a while, plat form is angled up like its been there a while. I would just think a realtor would be a little more careful posting pictures, especially someone that's a little well known in the hunting community.

...I'm interested to see how long it is until this post is deleted or that photo is taken off the listing

I was looking at a piece of property I think in NE Ia a while back and there was pics of big mineral hole and a blind in the back ground. Doesn't surprise me one bit.

Ok.... so - I’m actually not pulling the post. In actuality - I know the owner of this farm & some other friends who I have helped on land really close to there. I can 100% say- when those pics were taken- those guys were not hunting it. NR’s that didn’t draw. I was just talking to a neighbor that’s pretty close to there & lives there & knows all the history as well. I said “that does look bad!” He Said “ya, agree- that does look bad - 100% they didn’t do a thing wrong but could appear bad if folks didn’t know circumstances.”
I ain’t got a dog in this fight. We all know shady stuff does happen or sometimes “some explaining is needed”. & this is nothing to do with property itself , management or the sale of it. No motives but the one in a million chance- I know this was a legit case of nothing wrong being done but it did look bad. Just know the situation & know some guys nearby this land. Post is welcome to stay but just adding the context to what I do know bout it.

Last edited:
Ok.... so - I’m actually not pulling the post. In actuality - I know the owner of this farm & some other friends who I have helped on land really close to there. I can 100% say- when those pics were taken- those guys were not hunting it. NR’s that didn’t draw. I was just talking to a neighbor that’s pretty close to there & lives there & knows all the history as well. I said “that does look bad!” He Said “ya, agree- that does look bad - 100% they didn’t do a thing wrong but could appear bad if folks didn’t know circumstances.”
I ain’t got a dog in this fight. We all know shady stuff does happen or sometimes “some explaining is needed”. & this is nothing to do with property itself , management or the sale of it. No motives but the one in a million chance- I know this was a legit case of nothing wrong being done but it did look bad. Just know the situation & know some guys nearby this land. Post is welcome to stay but just adding the context to what I do know bout it.
OK OK sligh, i’ll let it slide this time..... if you can hook me up to shed hunt there or nearby in a couple weeks. LOL just kidding but seriously look me up on the shed hunting!

I wasn’t meaning to stir the pot at all I just was at work Flippin through the listing saw that picture and thought it was pretty funny that that got posted . No ill will meant

I'm sure it could. I'm not going to though, theres no proof of any hunting out of stand in the pic. Maybe its been there a while, plat form is angled up like its been there a while. I would just think a realtor would be a little more careful posting pictures, especially someone that's a little well known in the hunting community.

...I'm interested to see how long it is until this post is deleted or that photo is taken off the listing

I wondered the same, but then I wondered if the new owner of this sight is also the owner of a hunting land real estate business and wants to steer potential customers to his business via the forum. How do we know sep0667 isn’t a pseudonym for the owner.

I wondered the same, but then I wondered if the new owner of this sight is also the owner of a hunting land real estate business and wants to steer potential customers to his business via the forum. How do we know sep0667 isn’t a pseudonym for the owner.

Mike- NO!!!!!!!!
I make zero $ from realtors. Zero. In actuality - if u want to look around this site... u will notice I put a farm up that a friend of mine owns in Union county. I also have ZERO motive there. ZERO. If he sells it- I get $0. If he doesn’t sell it, I get $0. The amount he paid me to put it on here: $0. The amount he’s going to pay a realtor: $0 & he’s not an Iowa realtor. The amount I have made from “helping” others buy or sell a farm in 17 years: $0.

This is none of your business & I don’t much appreciate the insinuation & conspiracy theory - but I’m going to let it pass and take a moment to clarify. I’d go a step further and say, my goal is not even to make $ with website. I’ll run it like a lean business BUT.... real estate involving OTHERS buying & selling, helping folks with habitat, giving advice, whatever it is, I have made $0 and never will. No tie to realtors & I make $0 from realtors.

One member on this forum down in that area had me down at his property last Saturday - Doing timber stand improvement help, advice, teaching and improving his habitat. Know what I charged him? $0. I do this to help people- PERIOD. Look at the “DBLTREE FORUM”- u wanna know what my real motivation is?? Getting that back with Paul’s legacy advanced. I want this website to be something that HELPS all people. Helps with hunting, information, improving tiny or big amounts of land, sharing info to be better hunters, having FUN, etc. This site is the epitome of helping people without motives!!!

I farm, have tree nursery & do a few business things to make an honest and fair living but - I’ll clarify again, $0 to gain from anything you could “imagine” up. I hope that clarifies this- I shouldn’t need to do this but u need to be a little more careful with ur thinking & how that translates into wild comments.

This original post is fine, sep0667 was NOT out of line.

The creative imagination on above comment needed to be corrected, remind folks to think about what they think up & post - & - I’ll politely set the record straight giving u a pass on this since maybe u genuinely don’t know. Think before posting that kinda stuff though.

All good on the rest. All u guys will be able to burn off some steam shed hunting soon.

Last edited:
I was totally kidding Sligh, just starting another conspiracy theory and you have a good sense of humor. The deer hunting world with the outfitters, realators, television shows, DNR supposed conspiracies always creates these outrageous rumors that have always baffled me. We do this for fun but some are able to make a living from it, fantastic and more power to them.

Top Bottom