Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Looking for a turkey scope

I put an Eotech 512 on my turkey gun, it’s an awesome setup. I move it from my slug gun so it serves several purposes.

Ive never used an actual scope but I had a Trijicon reflex sight on my turkey gun for years and it was awesome if youre not in a blind... It was a no battery always on illuminated by fiber optic and tritium. But if you were in a dark blind and the bird was out in bright sun the dot wasnt bright enough.
Just swapped it out for an Aimpoint red dot this year and Im sure itll work awesome... I was originally worried about needing to turn it on since the Trijicon was dummy proof "always on" but the Aimpoint has 50000hr battery life so I could always just leave it on all season if I wanted to.

I have found any low or zero power scope works well for turkey. We are taking 50 yard shots with a 12+inch pattern.

At least in my eyes, the optical illusion of looking through a tube with any 1X scope or red dot makes the target appear further away. I got rid of an old 1X Weaver for the reason. I would suggest getting something with a little magnification. Tried a 2X TruGlo but it didn't stand up to the recoil of a 10 gauge with Nitro Mag loads and fell apart after a couple years. Didn't care for messing with batteries anyway. Some like "red dots" and some don't. I've been using a Leupold 1-5X scope with "turkey-plex reticle for years and love it! Unfortunately they don't offer it anymore... Go somewhere like Cabelas, Bass pro, Scheels or Brownells and look through a bunch of options. Good luck.

Top Bottom