Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Looking for a youth 20 guage

180class

My son's birthday is this weekend and I was hoping to get him his first shotgun. We went to Scheels a few weeks back and we really liked the Mossberg 500 bantam. The only problem was they didn't have a 20 guage at the time, only a .410. They were supposed to call me when they got a 20 guage in, but I haven't received a call yet. I was wondering if any of you out there in the central Iowa area have a youth 20 guage that you'd be willing to sell? Doesn't necessarily have to be this exact model. Any youth 20 in good shape will do. Let me know. Thanks!

I have a Remington .870 youth model 20 gauge which in my opinion is a perfect starter gun. It's only about 6 or 7 years old... Although I'm in West Central Area minnesota

My little sister has the mossberg 500 bantam and so does my brother great gun for all species. The remington 870 youth is also a great gun. You'll be happy with either one. I will see if they want to get rid of one of the mossbergs.

Last edited:
Go to Wally world, get the mossberg 500. Not a youth model yet still small enough. Also comes with rifeled slug barrel and bird barrel with 3 chokes. IMO best value out there for the money (think I got mine for $310) considering what the price would be to buy a slug barrel if you bought one that was just a bird barrel.

I think they have youth 20 gauges at Scheels in Cedar Falls. I thought I saw a couple the other day. They were the camo combos with a bird barrel and a slug barrel.

Thanks for your replies guys. Fortunately, I was able to track down a new youth model 870 at a great price last night.

Top Bottom