Makes me feel kinda like this.....

Discussion in 'Fishing General' started by Fishbonker, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Fishbonker

Fishbonker Life Member

IMG_0021.JPG
    Canada fly in. We experienced the 3 Fs of Canada: Fishing, Food and Friends .

Six of us went up for 5 days of fly-in fishing. We went to Vee Lake with Amik Outposts out of Red Lake Ontario. The fishing was great, tons of 12-18 inch yellow pickerel with lesser amounts of 18-22 and one 25 inch (not by me). The food was incredible, one of the guys is quite the chef. His pescado Veracruz was incredible, grilled yellow pickerel was 5 star, oven baked was outstanding and deep fried to die for. The friendship and camaraderie was nonstop laughs interrupted only by the occasion serious man talk.

It's a no trophies out lake and conservation lake so only two fish per person per day. This is supper:

IMG_0005.JPG

We kept 16 inchers this time. Three fish will feed two people easily.

Everybody else was catching fish and this is what I catch:

IMG_0016.JPG
    For frame of reference that's a 5 inch spoon. I tossed it in the weeds and came out with a mussel.

The cabin:

IMG_0022.JPG
    Notice the spruce trees in the back ground. There is a bug of some kind that is killing the spruce trees. We started noticing it in Minnesota and from the air it is very wide spread.

Chased off the lake:

IMG_0027.JPG
    Fishing in the rain is no big deal but when the lightning started flashing it was time to pull in. There was a hole between the two small islands with trees. We killed 'em there.

It was a hail of a time:

IMG_0030.JPG

We had rain off and on for one day and all night one night. Missed a few hours of fishing. The fires were out by the time we left. I think Ontario needs to pay our way up when they need rain to put out the forest fires. It's worked 2 of the three times I've been up there.

View after the hail storm:

IMG_0040.JPG
    It was a great trip and we are checking into another trip yet this summer. Next summer for sure.

4DABUCKS, MadisonB&C, gunrunr and 8 others like this.
  2. AdBot Guest Advertisement

3. Daver

Daver PMA Member

Nice! Thanks for sharing those pics, looks like a great time was had by all.

4. NWBuck

NWBuck PMA Member

Looks like a blast! Hard to beat the up north experience for sure!!

NWBuck

5. goatman

goatman I hunt days ending in Y

I'm jealous. Looks like a great trip. I gotta ask. Did you have to donate anything to the queen?

6. Daver

Daver PMA Member

Maybe he left the innards of the yellow pickerel for her?? :) :) Funny thing, those yellow pickerel look a lot like walleyes to me. :)

goatman likes this.
  7. Fishbonker

Fishbonker Life Member

Not much, just my virginity but I was glad to do it for my country.

Heading up again near the end of August. Going to Cherrington Lake this time and we might try for some of the chain pickerel this lake is famous for.

For a review of my 2018 trip go here:
    http://iowabowhunters.org/news/newsletters/2018/2018fallbowhunter.pdf and scroll down to 'Bonkers World.

goatman likes this.