Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Minnesota Bear

tracker

Life Member
I received the BLUE packet in the mail Saturday, looks like we drew 2 years in a row. It's usually every other year for us. Anybody else get drawn?

Congrats.

Me to:)

But I live up here so its no big deal for me.

Kinda like when someone from up here gets one of your coveted deer tags.

Dean

Zone 12. I had set up a hunt with an outfitter with a friend of mine ( didn't think we could do it alone since we wouldn't be able to take off a ton of time to get bait sites going.) The outfitter said not to apply as a "group" since they have never had a problem getting a tag for all of their hunters. They hunt out of zones 12 and 13 and said that if one of us didn't draw for 12, we should be able to get a surplus tag for 13. Guess what, 13 sold out too. My buddy drew, but I didn't. Now we have to figure out what to do since he doesn't really want to go alone. Should have applied as a group regardless of what the outfitter said.

Your buddy is not forced to buy the tag. All you are out is the application at this point. I wouldn't blame him for not going based on the poor advice the outfitter gave you.

My brother and I were drawn this year. Luck I guess, first time we've applied and as a group. We have a farmer that we've done some consulting for in the past that is going to do our baiting and give us private land to hunt on. Apparently they are nuisance to him. Zone 44, we're looking forward to it. Any advice?

Take of jar of jelly and put it on the steps up to your buddies stand
grin.gif

DOR, you're right about him not having to buy the tag, but I think he was looking forward to it too. If he doesn't buy the tag I don't think he will get a preference point for next year and then we would be back to our same situation since they default to the lowest preference level for a group application. Oh well, I guess we can focus on deer season for this fall.

Top Bottom