Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Minnesota Deer Classic

H

High Country Carbon-Pro

Just wanted to pass on an interesting booth that will be opened for the first time starting this year at the classic. It's the DNR's "Hall Of Shame" It's devoted to all the poachers! Guess that's one record book all of us here won't be listed on......

What is it?Do they show all the pic's of the people who have poached deer or how doe's this work?
It might be a great idea to get our DNR to do something like this if it were legal just to show everyone who these son-of -##%'s are,I can not bring myself to call them hunter's.

I'm not sure just how they are going to work it? I'm sure all the counties will be listed with the number of poachers from each one, as well as the articles that have run in the newpapers with them as well. And yes, you should have the Iowa DNR run something like this, too. All the states need to weed them out! As for them being called hunters? Hunters are compassionate people who care for the well being of the animals and the timber they live in. Poachers are killers, plain and simple. I'll do my best to give you all the information I can round up on how they run the booth.

I think for the booths that the DNR have with poached deer should include
-The deer with the persons picture who committed the crime, the name of the person, and their address. Let's expose these pieces of lazy pieces of $&IT. After all there taking these deer away from the true sportsman. I also think for these people should get higher punishments then what they are given. You always see a 500.00 fine and a year or so hunting licenses revoked. Big deal why would they care,its not like the buy a hunting license anyways to poach. Just a thought and maybe the right person might read this, I hope so
SD Buck

When is the MDC? I would like to attend. Hope I haven't missed it.

The Classic runs this weekend -- 15th through the 17th.

I made it to the classic, pretty neat to see all the racks and sheds. Hopefully the "wall of shame" will put an end to poaching. Did anybody see that big nontypical that scored 199 on the "wall". It was poached back in 1997 in late August or early September no more than a mile from my great grandma's farm. That area is known for big bucks, there was also another big buck poached in that area this past deer season. Im sure it will be on the wall next year.

Did anyone who made it to the show take any pictures if so it would be cool to see some

Thanks

I was there all three days and actually spent the majority of this time within the measuring room. I was able to get "up close and personal" with the biggest and the best racks and sheds. It was a pretty good time although we worked our butts off. There were close to 500 entries brought through the door with all but a handful to be measured. I have to say that Minnesota Official Measurers really have their stuff together, everybody seems to be well trained and knowlegable. Some good heads came in from years past, a few big car kills came in, one a non-typical that netted 210 with 49 inches of mass. A 194 gross/189 net typical also was hit by a car. Best hunting bucks were 224 non-typ and 184 typ. A couple B&C moose also came in from last season. Several bear made book with one going into the top 12 in B&C. I don't have pics of the moose and bears but do have all the top whitetail racks and sheds. Give me an email address and I can send a few.

Top Bottom