Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Missouri Expands CWD Zone Feeding/Mineral Ban....

MDC expands deer feeding ban to more counties in response to CWD
Placing food or minerals for deer is now prohibited in seven more counties to help limit the spread of chronic wasting disease starting July 1.

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo.The Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC) has expanded its restrictions on mdc.mo.gov/cwd under “Feeding Ban and Other Regulations.”

mail

MDC has expanded restrictions on feeding deer and placing minerals for deer to these seven new counties in response to finding cases of chronic wasting disease (CWD) in or near them: Bollinger, Cape Girardeau, Grundy, Madison, McDonald, Mercer, and Perry.

MDC never ceases to amaze me......

So- are they going to do mass shootings?
I’ve run through this over & over in my mind. I just keep coming full circle to exact conclusion: find a cure OR let nature take its course. Aside from a cure- there’s zero that will make a difference if you follow the path, research, facts & read up on the prion responsible here. That’s where logic leads me every time I’ve walked through any line of thinking.

Seriously, has anyone ever listed any scientific proof that feeding deer or mineral stations increases the spread of CWD??? Are all the MO cow/calf ranchers gonna have to stop putting out mineral stations for their cows? Whatta crock of "bovine excrement"!
Not sure on that one but I did see a pic of a deer with a horse tail :D:D

So- are they going to do mass shootings?
I’ve run through this over & over in my mind. I just keep coming full circle to exact conclusion: find a cure OR let nature take its course. Aside from a cure- there’s zero that will make a difference if you follow the path, research, facts & read up on the prion responsible here. That’s where logic leads me every time I’ve walked through any line of thinking.
Yup.... Through March 15, 2018. MDC employees and volunteers from the CWD areas. Open season on bait piles, yet its illegal to bait or feed even in the off season. Doesn't quite add up does it? ROFL

So im not claiming to know anything about CWD but im assuming the reason behind the mineral sites is so it does spread from animal to animal while feeding together? Well heck they better ban farming because I know ive seen at least one time when there is more than one animal in close proximity of another while feeding...or maybe they can ban rivers and creeks....these governments only ever look at the situation that is happening now, the quick fix! They cant see past tomorrow let alone long term future. There has to be a large number of NR's that come to MO to hunt on a yearly basis, you start killing off the herd your going to put quite the dent in MO pocketbook

Prions were found at a mineral/bait site I read. Not sure if that was in MO, or where exactly.

Shooting all the deer has not stopped the spread in any of the states that have it??? I’m on board with letting nature takes its course on this one.

Found the article. The prions were detected at 9 of 11 mineral sites in WI....

https://www.jsonline.com/story/spor...rify-cwd-prions-mineral-lick-sites/572621002/

So they found it in the soil in the licks, but how far away from licks did they test? Also, reading that it was the first time they tested the soil that way, that doesnt give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. They also didnt say if it was in the natural lick or not, but said they did find it in the feces, which in turn, anywhere one wants to spread it, it sure will spread.
Lets let nature take its course...

So they found it in the soil in the licks, but how far away from licks did they test? Also, reading that it was the first time they tested the soil that way, that doesnt give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. They also didnt say if it was in the natural lick or not, but said they did find it in the feces, which in turn, anywhere one wants to spread it, it sure will spread.
Lets let nature take its course...

That would be a logical step to test the prevalence in soil...test random areas outside the mineral sites for comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Over the last 10 to 15 years wisconsin has wasted millions on cwd efforts you name it they tried it nothing has changed its still here !!! So are the deer has not wiped them out yet ! Spend the money on a cure not erradication efforts !!

Sent from my RS501 using Tapatalk

My first thoughts when i read / heard the study..."Did they have a control outside of these licks?" Also, did they test any of the soil in scrape locations? Licking branches? Food Plots? What's the prevalence rate in that area? Is it steady? Growing? Diminishing? So many other factors involved

Prions were found at a mineral/bait site I read. Not sure if that was in MO, or where exactly.

Shooting all the deer has not stopped the spread in any of the states that have it??? I’m on board with letting nature takes its course on this one.

Found the article. The prions were detected at 9 of 11 mineral sites in WI....

https://www.jsonline.com/story/spor...rify-cwd-prions-mineral-lick-sites/572621002/

Looks like your farm is included?

I agree, let nature take its course

I’m not sure but they don’t or can’t test fawns in MN. I don’t think it’s detectable in deer younger than 9 months old.

Top Bottom