Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Monday Monster

CurtisWalker

Once again the scrape cam pays off. This is the buck I am after now after harvesting my first buck on Saturday. Any guesses on age and score?

2013-11-11013_zps490d8cf7.jpg

2013-11-11014_zps1082ac9f.jpg

2013-11-11015_zpsb2bf4302.jpg

My brother just shot a buck Saturday that went 168 and it looks identical to that...6" inside point and everything. 19" wide longest point was 11". It had a 3" split g2. That buck will go in the 160's with that inside pt.

Wow, 150, really??? The buck I shot Saturday scored 156 6/8 and has no tines over 10 inches and no junk. This guy has way more tine length with at least 3 abnormal points.

I'll defer to other guys. My first reaction was in the 160's, but I backed it down because I thought the beams appeared around 22/23 and lacked mass. This made me think the frame makes him appear to score higher than he really would.

No worries about questioning my number. I tend to be conservative on scoring deer.

I just wanted to know how he got 150. When he is obviously bigger than the buck I shot Saturday that scored 156 and change.

Nice buck btw. I just checked him out. Like I said I'm conservative on guesses and would have estimated that deer in the mid 140's. Not surprising if I'm 10 inches low on him then I'm at least 10 low on this deer.

Nice buck btw. I just checked him out. Like I said I'm conservative on guesses and would have estimated that deer in the mid 140's. Not surprising if I'm 10 inches low on him then I'm at least 10 low on this deer.

Thanks for explaining. And thanks again. When I first saw him on the fence he looked 160 and then when he got to the open I thought mid 140s. However his mass and main beams made up for it.

Very nice deer. I'm not sure on age, I'd say 4.5 but it's anybody's guess. Score wise, I would put him in the mid 50's. But like Hoosierhunter, I'm usually conservative. I think his main beams may be shorter than a mid 160's estimate would incorporate. But, I don't know for sure. Either way hes a great looking deer!

Any new guesses? My stand is directly above this scrape. I was out looking for the other buck while he was under it.
PICT0063_zpsf689fbd6.jpg

Top Bottom