Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Morels

First picking of asparagus was Tuesday night, so I'll be spending more time looking for morels while out turkey hunting.

Mother Nature has lost her mind! In my short time on this earth I don't think I have ever seen snow in May. What will this do for morels? Will they be able to be found after it warms up again?

A friend of mine told me today that in 59 of last 125 years in Iowa there has been snow in May.

I had some buddies find about 150 small greys along the Missouri River saturday north of Council Bluffs. Real small

Me and a couple buddies went out yesterday and picked up a lil less than 100 a lot of bigger Greys, I feel like this should be a good year.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
  • Deleted by N/A
Show…
Mushroom pics

Wife and parents where out today by Tracy found 175
picture.php

Anybody in the Boone area finding any morels? Went out today and found nothing. Hoping either Monday or Wednesday is the day they blow up.

I checked a couple promising looking dead elms over by the Ledges yesterday and didn't find anything. I heard of someone finding some tiny greys though. Like 1.5 inch tall. I would surely think that the heat on Tuesday will get us some good size yellows. At least that's what I'm hoping.

I checked a couple promising looking dead elms over by the Ledges yesterday and didn't find anything. I heard of someone finding some tiny greys though. Like 1.5 inch tall. I would surely think that the heat on Tuesday will get us some good size yellows. At least that's what I'm hoping.

Yep, I went to the Ledges where I found some last year and found nothing. I'm ether headed out tomorrow night or Wednesday night. They should be popping by Wednesday for sure.

Top Bottom