Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Morels

null-12.jpg

sent from super hunters I phone

Found about 30 of the grays and 4 medium sized yellows over the weekend in NE Iowa. My folks found a dozen or so big yellows down in SE Iowa, said some of them were starting to dry up. I found all of mine on south facing bluffs where its the warmest. My hotspots have yielded no finds as of yet so I feel like the best is yet to come.

Found about 30 of the grays and 4 medium sized yellows over the weekend in NE Iowa. My folks found a dozen or so big yellows down in SE Iowa, said some of them were starting to dry up. I found all of mine on south facing bluffs where its the warmest. My hotspots have yielded no finds as of yet so I feel like the best is yet to come.

How far N.E.?

Far N.E. is still pretty sparse.

NE Iowa is still pretty bare. I'm hoping this weekend with the heat and hopeful moisture will help us out. This wind is really drying things out.

NE Iowa is still pretty bare. I'm hoping this weekend with the heat and hopeful moisture will help us out. This wind is really drying things out.

Thanks for the reply I was wondering what the big secret was

where in N.E. they were finding them. :eek:

Buddy found some around Clermont today. They were not there last weekend

when we were turkey hunting.

Very small greys. About the size of your small finger.

Found nothing but a handful of false morels today around Boone. Spend over two hours looking, and found nothing. I'm baffled. Maybe tomorrow or Thursday.

image-544370395.jpg

Had a friend find 10 pounds today and I found 2.5 pounds also today. This week and weekend should be great.

Had a friend find 10 pounds today and I found 2.5 pounds also today. This week and weekend should be great.
This weekend should be killer. We're finally getting the moisture. They really popped after the rain we got Saturday night. I picked probably 100 total on Saturday, and then Sunday I was picking 5 inch yellows under the same trees that I checked on Saturday. Ended up filling a sack Sunday

We found about 3 lbs between last night and this morning in allamakee. Seemed like flat ground produced the best. Everything was real fresh, greys and yellows. Was walkin and literally almost stepped on a fawn....scared the poo out of me! It would not move, turned around and the twin was couple feet away. Pretty neat.

ANyone have any extra to sell? 2-3 LBS $20/LB DSM area- not really wanting to drive a long ways- just dont have the time to get out and find them:/

I went out yesterday and had a good haul- a few were HUGE- it errors out on me when I try to upload them- can someone put them up for me?

Top Bottom