Morels

Discussion in 'Iowa Whitetail Conference' started by Huntinguy, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Daver

Daver PMA Member

FYI, my son found about 3 dozen decent yellows, nothing spectacular, but a nice haul, on Saturday at our place. This was definitely later in the year than what we normally experience at our place. I also think that we could find more still this coming week by the looks of things.

Broot likes this.
  2. AdBot Guest Advertisement

3. loneranger

loneranger Well-Known Member

Once they are mature and conditions are correct. When is that? In otherwords,, leave some.

4. SeIowa69

SeIowa69 Active Member

[​IMG] I found a wall hanger!! I always try to leave AtleAst 4-5 n let them grow all the way untill they die off its seems to help produce more shrooms in that certain area but that’s really hard to do on public ground ( shroom was already knocked over that’s why I took the picture)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daver, Broot, 203ntyp and 3 others like this.
  5. Daver

Daver PMA Member

WOW!! You have a GIANT HAND! :) :) Are you OK? :)

6. letem grow2

letem grow2 New Member

Found a few really nice size grays 2 weeks ago. Couldn't get back out till now. I'm wondering if it is still worth going this weekend in southcentral Iowa?

7. 2-bucks

2-bucks PMA Member

Yes. I have found plenty this late other years in SE Iowa. Some are dried out but plenty worth picking. With the colder and wetter than normal spring this weekend should be pretty good still.

chipterp likes this.
  8. rutnstrut

rutnstrut PMA Member

Yesterday was the first day I went out specifically for mushrooms and did pretty decent... Went 3 places and found 1/2-2/3 of a sack at 2 spots and then a few more at the 3rd
    Then today I went to a new spot I haven't been to in years and hit the motherload but they were getting close to being bad and werent super firm... Used buckets to try and keep them from getting smashed. Got 3 5gal buckets 1/2 full and 3 partial sacks under one big dead tree... They all came from about a 60' circle[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Deer&Ducks, Hanyak, SeIowa69 and 7 others like this.