Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Muzzleloader Question: TC or Knight

I'd say it's pretty clear. Shoot what you feel most comfortable with and don't aim any of them at a deer you don't want to kill because I'd say they all will do it pretty efficiently.

Ive killed 4 or 5 bucks with my muzzleloader and was just thinking that none of them were with my old knight or my encore that I use now.I killed them with my t/c hawkens.

Eight Point,

Do you know what an inch is, 3 and 4 inches groups @ 200 yds ,you must be a fisherman.
I was at a range this last year when this guy was braging about how his muzzleloader shot at 200 yards,I got tired of him tring to get his friends to shoot deer a 200 yds + so I told him I would give him $100.00 for every shot within 5 inches at 200 yds and everyone that wasn't he had to chop off a finger, he Did not take the bet.

Shoe, I'd have to agree. There would be a lot of guys saving some $$ by buying gloves one at a time if they took your bet.
wink.gif
There's also a helluva difference between "shooting" and hunting.

Yes, talk is cheap. But it's not wise to doubt a strangers shooting ability. If the gun is capable of 4" groups @ 200 then it can be done.
Ever watch the National Matches? I was floored when I seen some of the best guys shoot.

Anyone else have trouble with T/C scoped guns & the hammer? Thought I'd add this as I didn't think about it before I bought my first muzzleloader a couple years ago. I scoped an Encore, it shot great from the first shot- better than I could hold it. I discovered the problem when I put gloves on. I could not cock the hammer with any ease or small movement. I bought a hammer extension but it still seemed like it was under the scope too much for anything more than very light gloves. I was uncomfortable sitting in the stand with a cocked gun since there is no other safe on the Encore. I loved the gun but sold it, I considered the Omega but same problem. I bought one of the new 209 Wolverines from Knight & think it is a great little gun. Just my 2 cents. Anyone know if Jim Shockey is giving up Knight rifles for T/C? Heard he was not hunting with a Knight anymore.

Top Bottom