Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Muzzy Gun

So- From a very basic point of view.... how the heck can u get those ballistics above but the 300 yard smokeless TC for example can’t do that? Is it basically because those high end guns can handle a lot more powder and pressure??

The bolt guns can handle a much more stout load in a much heavier barrel, such as the example above. That's not "safely" happening out of a smokelss TC.

Doe shot by buddy with his smokeless bolt action. He's shot 8 or 9 now. They have maybe went a combined 20 yards.

27253.jpeg

27254.jpeg

That’s not a fluke!!! Did that to a doe last year with my smokeless muzzy. Makes one think real hard about where to place a shot on one you might want to mount. On the other hand, it damned sure beats leaving one overnight for the coyotes to feast on! I REALLY hate feeding those buggers!!!

another option is a cva scout v2 45-70 and get a plug installed (Got one for my son, youth stock installed, great gun and very reasonable) only downfall is that it is a lighter contour, yet still would be confident in the right conditions for 300.....Scout can be done for under $700......if you already have a remington sa or savage action you can get a prefit brux barrel with a plug installed (super easy to headspace with barrel nut.... only down fall contour 1.06)
IMG_0250.jpg

You'll never look back!

My 700ML:
+ 2.2 at 100
Zero at 225
-7.8 at 300
-14.6 at 400
-41.4 at 500

This works for me and my style of open field hunting but others using boomer loads and better BC bullets are flatter than that.

Top Bottom