Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My 2017 Season

JUNIOR

Blessed to say that I had a great deer season. One for the books to be in fact, at least for me
Bow buck:
Was the morning of October 26th. At first shooting light I had this buck at 20 yards in the timber, pulled back on him but couldn’t find my peep sight cause it was pretty dark still. Let off the bow and look out into the alfalfa and there was a smaller buck and doe. By now the buck in the timber was now entering the field and both bucks were showing signs of aggression. Tried grunting but they didn’t care for it. They started heading the opposite direction so I thought I’d give them the ol snort wheeze. Well it worked and both bucks came flying over to me. Took a shot at 25 yards, buck hunched then took off into the timber out of sight. Checked the arrow and after a few sent pics to the group chat, figured I hit him back. Came back that afternoon and bumped him after 700-800 yards. Got off work early the next morning and tracked him another 700-800 yards before I found him. Couldn’t have been happier with this deer! I hadn’t shoot a deer with my bow since 2012(been holding out on a deer I had been chasing since 2014, but he was shot earlier in the season, RIP BOB).

c2568416f9da1b38a22d1d3dff2219a9.jpeg

3f4481a8cb238fa84d7a3a73f44ae8db.jpg

First Season Shotgun:
On the first push on the first day after I already had 3 shooters run by (out of range), this ol bruiser ran right to me. I nailed him then he ran towards my dad where he put the one two punch on him. Figured this deer to be 6-7+. It was a great start to the gun season!

37806ff089a36fcbc4e43e1a67a078cb.jpg

c229f923dc4ced0ed5e73a7b5e6ab7dd.jpg

After missing a couple good deer Saturday evening, Sunday morning came. I was a lone pusher and had a 1.5 mile walk ahead of me. About a mile into my walk after seeing 50+ deer, I had a herd with two nice bucks running through the timber at 60-70 yards in front of me. I took two shots, didn’t look like I hit the bucks. As I got closer to where the deer were I heard something, I had hit one of the does. Finished her and proceeded with my walk. By now everyone was banging away. Got about 400 yards from my finish when I notice some deer coming back down the hill toward me. I hid behind a cedar as they made their way down when I noticed a big buck in the back of the herd. Waited for him to get to 20 yards before I put two slugs into his shoulder pilling him up on the spot. I thought he was dead so I finished the push. After helping some of the old farts with their does, it was time to go get my deer. Got down to where my buck was suppose to be.... he was gone. Found a blood trail and followed it 20 yards. The buck had fallen into the deepest and thickest ditch in all the county! Took us 30 minutes to get him out of there! Forgot to mention that I pushed out a mountain lion, I didn’t see it but two of our posters did! I am tickled pink with how my 2017 season went, 3 bucks and a doe! A lot of memories made!

a7f6037a76bbbc6c402f18f2cf1e7a7e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Congrats that is a great season, it will be the one you remember and talk about the rest of your life. Congrats again.

I like that mass on your bow buck.

Any pics of the lion? Can I ask what county?(of course I can ask, but will you answer)

Top Bottom