Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My Cousin Sets the Bar.........High!!!

Liv4Rut

Well everyone, it looks like 2006 is going to be another great year, my cousin Doug scored on a 178 5/8 HOG tonight!!!! Yesterday evening I took him out and we set up on a bean field and had 5 does and 2 bucks come out on the opposite side of the field about 250 yards away. The one buck was a definite shooter in the mid 160's range. We didn't spook them, so we felt that there would be a great chance to shoot a buck on that end of the field the next night. I couldn't take him out tonight because I had to get back to school, but I told my old man where to hang the stand and that they would be about 75 yards away from the bucks. They headed out there with their lone wolfs and got set up. I guess they had a few does come out and a big crab clawed buck started to come out in the field when the lead doe smelled them and spooked causing him to spook with no shot. With plenty of time left this big guy stepped out at 75 yards and Doug put an excellent shot him, and he only made 30 yards inside the timber before he expired. He has 14 points and my dad rough scored him at 178 inches and some change. Congratulations Doug!!! Wish I would of been there
smile.gif
smile.gif

1005nichols1.jpg

1005100_1543-med.jpg

Yeah, congradulations! That just makes me want to get out into the timber even more, especially with the cooler temps.

WOW !! Pass on congrats from Team Camo. I'll be getting out with Taylor once or twice this week, plus the weekend. Hope something 2/3 as big as that comes by. Well done !

Top Bottom