Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Need new cams

I have been running Reconyx only for the last five years. I had a bunch of Primos and other brands and none of them lasted beyond a couple of years. The Reconyx are expensive but you get what you pay for. Most guys don't skimp on their Archery equipment, guns or pickups but they want the cheapest thing they can get for the best scouting tool they have. It doesn't make sense. You get exactly what you pay for.

My 2 cents i had bushnell lasted couple of yrs had good luck with moultrie 880s. Worked great until i had a coon flip one over on one of those screw in adj. Mounts ! When upside down THEY ARE NOT WATER PROOF !! With all the rain this fall in southern iowa when i got back to check this cam it was FULL !! Of water that is !!!!junk !! My reconyx is awsome just use in my best spots ! I have a spypoint good but not great night flash range. And a browning. Great camera !

Sent from my RS501 using Tapatalk

I had a coon flip mine over just as happened to you, and it also was not waterproof upside down. It's a Browning Dark Ops Elite HD. That's the bad thing I've discovered with the homemade adjustable mounts.

I'm still buying mostly all Brownings, but would love to find something that impresses me even more.

400 bucks new reconyx with 5 yr warranty !!!! I was given my browning for a bday gift if i buy another will be new gen2 reconyx

Sent from my RS501 using Tapatalk

I'm switching out from reconyx to bushnell aggressor 119876c no glow. I've picked them for $105 on Amazon. Just have to be patient and watch. Also if others haven't played around with the cameras they take better video at night than the usual blurred pics.
Didn't like reconyx?? I have thought about trying them out myself.

FWIW.. i have to agree with @Sligh1 about going with IR over the blackout. Daytime quality won't be phased but night pics & transition pics will be much better by going with IR.

As many others have said, i also will say Bushnell is the way to go. I have about a 70/30 mix of IR over blackout, mostly the older version Trophy cams (8MP & 12mp versions). I do have a few newer like the essential listed above & have had no issues. Bought every last one of them NIB on amazon/ebay & had zero issues whatsoever. Great input from everyone here... Good luck !

Didn't like reconyx?? I have thought about trying them out myself.
Reconyx are great. In the beginning I went with them for trigger speed. I would buy used models from people who wanted the latest. Never have had are reconyx fail. No cameras are fail proof. I've watched deer pass by reconyx and other trail cams and not produce a trigger. When using no glow reconyx you have to use either lithium or rechargeable batteries. Alkaline batteries in the bushnells. I get more out of a video than just pics. So the bushnells get me that. Come a long way from building 35mm cams with a driveway alarm for a sensor mounted in a ammo can.

Can't beat Reconyx customer service. As stated earlier, nothing is 100% but anytime I have had to send a camera in, they have not only made a quick fix but fully update the software and firmware at no extra charge. Awesome knowledgeable staff and genuinely happy to have your business. The art of customer service in this country has been a lost art but these folks in Wisconsin still know which side of the counter the money comes from.

Found some Browning Recon Force on sale for $100, looking to fill my inventory back up. Thoughts on that model?

Top Bottom