Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New bullet and load

Just got back. No luck. Absolutely nothing. We grid searched a huge area. Nothing. I shot my gun in the exact spot. Target same spot. Clean gun. Ramrod in. All same as yesterday. 3 1/2 inches left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

86205df8391aaec6288efcf315203457.jpg

Like others have said sounds like you hit her above the spine for some reason. I did the same thing a couple years ago. Doe Drop Like a Rock, to my disbelief she gets up 30 seconds later and walks off. Didn't know I needed a second shot.
Shot her a week later didn't know it was her till I skinned her out. Right above the spine. Got to go, deer entering the food plot!

Another thing to consider that may or may not matter is where was the gun being rested when you shot the doe? Did you site it in with the gun rested on the stock and then possibly rest it on the ram rod when you shot at the doe? That can make a big difference in any gun (resting on stock vs. barrel).

Pretty sure barrel was on the bipod. During sighting it i rested it using the stock. Didn’t know that would do anything.

Pretty sure barrel was on the bipod. During sighting it i rested it using the stock. Didn’t know that would do anything.

I believe it can. Not saying it will, but it's little things like that that are easy to overlook that can make a huge difference. Especially with a free floating rifle barrel, resting on the barrel is a huge no-no.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

I’m going to shoot some tomorrow. I’ll rest on the stock and keep that the same for hunting. May leave my barrel dirty too.

Your rest that you used when getting ready to shot at the doe, was the forearm on it or was the barrel.
IF the barrel, that was the reason for a high hit on her, I have seen it happen before like that.

Your rest that you used when getting ready to shot at the doe, was the forearm on it or was the barrel.
IF the barrel, that was the reason for a high hit on her, I have seen it happen before like that.

Yes, it was.

Top Bottom