Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New cameras

checked cams yesterday and my buddies browning was dead in 2 weeks while all my coverts were still on a full or 9/10 battery....

That's crazy- I have a browning where most of "curly's" pics were taken and it is still on the same set of AA's since late September and it's very active camera pictures wise

Every camera will eventually die out at some point. To me it is the warranty and customer service that keeps me buying a brand. If the company stands behind the product when the product fails it's a great company. Primos and WGI have both failed on this concept. Covert has came through with all warranties even some outside the one year. Have one Exodus as well, have not had any issues but they will cover it for 5 years.

<_CFXNotificationTokenRegistration: 0x15d5b880>

Maybe covert is introducing the "working" model camera....something new they may want to try, a camera that actually works!

Hmmm.. Can't say I have ever had an issue with any of my ten coverts. If you have issues with yours I suggest you get in touch with their service department. Best customer service around!

Hmmm.. Can't say I have ever had an issue with any of my ten coverts. If you have issues with yours I suggest you get in touch with their service department. Best customer service around!
You should continue reading and you will find where I sent them back and they "checked" the cameras and sent them back saying they were ok....the issue I am having isn't that the camera doesn't work but it takes about 98% false triggers and fills the card...I'm not sure how they tested my cameras at Covert but I'm assuming they put them on a table in a shop if some sort and then walked past them....well that isn't a realistic setting...idk I think I'm switching to Brownings because I can get them for in 70$...but we will see maybe just bite the bullet and get a couple reconyx....

Awefull lot of posts of guys dealing with coverts customer service.........hmmmmm
regardless of manufacturer, at some point you will deal with customer service and in society today, that's where the difference is. I can't speak for Reconyx as I've never owned one not will I with the # of cameras I run. I'm sure at some point Ill have some type of failure with a Covert, after all all mechanical devices fail at some point. With 2 years and well over 1 million pictures I haven't yet. I did have an mpe5 given to me that did not work and Covert replaced it and it was 4 years old....

So if they have a lifetime warranty everyone should use them. Never have to buy a cam again. I get it.

So if they have a lifetime warranty everyone should use them. Never have to buy a cam again. I get it.

...funny. Not a trail camera issue but came to the same realization with Nikon binos. I thought the Lifetime Warranty was great until I recently replaced the same set for the 5th time in 7 years. Binos didn't do me any good when waiting for new ones. Done with them. Junk. Got Liecas.

I digress..... OK cuddebacks revised warranty got me to buy my first E2. 2 years.... Twice that as the other cams people are talking about....PLUS 5 year prorated. Great cam. I'd put money on it vs anything this side of reconyx.

My browning cam batteries don't last a week in cold weather.

From what I am reading, it sounds like the Cuddeback E2 is one of the better models out there right now, and they have a lifetime warranty?

Are the blackout models still the big thing? Does that make that much of a difference in not spooking deer vs. a regular IR flash. Especially if the camera is in their face at a scrape? I have been using regular IR cameras where deer are just walking through and Blackout models over scrapes.

I have been running the WildGame 8MP cameras for the last two years. I have missed some pictures of deer and the flash is less than the 50ft, to really see in great detail. But most of them have been on scrapes and right off trails. For the $80 or so price I am not going to complain. Plus if I put them on public I will not be as pissed if they come up missing compared to a $100+ camera.

From what I am reading, it sounds like the Cuddeback E2 is one of the better models out there right now, and they have a lifetime warranty?

Are the blackout models still the big thing? Does that make that much of a difference in not spooking deer vs. a regular IR flash. Especially if the camera is in their face at a scrape? I have been using regular IR cameras where deer are just walking through and Blackout models over scrapes.

I have been running the WildGame 8MP cameras for the last two years. I have missed some pictures of deer and the flash is less than the 50ft, to really see in great detail. But most of them have been on scrapes and right off trails. For the $80 or so price I am not going to complain. Plus if I put them on public I will not be as pissed if they come up missing compared to a $100+ camera.

I would stay away from the Cuddeback black flash. Have heard bad things about picture quality. I know someone who has the multi flash black/strobe and uses the strobe for some killer nighttime color pics. I think black flash and ir are overrated. Have plenty of deer come back to check out ir but seldom do with white strobe. E2 has been a super cam so far, I got 3 when they had the 2 yr warranty special. I think it's a standard 18 month full replacement then prorated. They have always had the option to trade in broken cams for a credit on a new one. Costs 110$ w shipping to get one in trade.

I would stay away from the Cuddeback black flash. Have heard bad things about picture quality. I know someone who has the multi flash black/strobe and uses the strobe for some killer nighttime color pics. I think black flash and ir are overrated. Have plenty of deer come back to check out ir but seldom do with white strobe. E2 has been a super cam so far, I got 3 when they had the 2 yr warranty special. I think it's a standard 18 month full replacement then prorated. They have always had the option to trade in broken cams for a credit on a new one. Costs 110$ w shipping to get one in trade.

From my memory it is 18 month doing nothing. Register cam online it goes to 2 years. For other poster.... No not a lifetime warranty.

Awefull lot of posts of guys dealing with coverts customer service.........hmmmmm

Don't be so quick to assume...I didn't mention the customer service experiences I had with other manufacturers cameras that I had trouble with because in every case it was a very frustrating and time consuming process.

I emphasized Covert's customer service because it was far and away better than my experiences with three other entities I had personal dealings with. So if you are referencing any of my comments in this thread, you took the wrong tack.

FWIW, I used to work for a company that sourced trail cameras, and various other electronics, from China. Short, short version...it is common for "manufacturers" to source from different factories, often switching from one to another each year. (Caveat...my experience is now 10'ish years ago, so it is possible that things have changed in the meantime. However, from what I have read about and heard from others, it sounds like this is still true today.)

So quality is often highly variable from year to year, and sometimes within a year. In my experience...the terms "quality", "reliability" and "inexpensive electronic consumer goods from China" do not fit into the same sentence...regardless of the brand name on the front of the device.

Excited about all the new cam options, just not about spending more than $100 d/t the number of cameras I try to run.

Covert are my favorite for price and pic quality. Batteries last forever too. Better than my previous Bushnell, Stealth, and Hunten

New for 2016, SPYPOINT introduced a new model at the ATA SHOW, the SOLAR CAM. It's got a solar panel built into the top of the camera. $199USD
12 mp
42 leds
flash range 100ft
trigger .07

Also new for 2016 is Spypoint's FOREST-10 which will retail for under $99 USD.

Last edited:
New for 2016, SPYPOINT introduced a new model at the ATA SHOW, the SOLAR CAM. It's got a solar panel built into the top of the camera. $199USD 12 mp 42 leds flash range 100ft trigger .07 Also new for 2016 is Spypoint's FOREST-10 which will retail for under $99 USD.
I've been keeping my eye on this one, running off of solar unless needed then switches to battery. Not sure how much of a difference it makes when my coverts go 20-30,000 on set of batteries though

I tried a covert this year. I cant remember what this one is called but its a flash model. After great reviews on this forum I was excited about the prospect of quality night photos like I used to get back in the old battery guzzling flash camera days. Unfortunately most the pictures look like this .
picture.php

I've been keeping my eye on this one, running off of solar unless needed then switches to battery. Not sure how much of a difference it makes when my coverts go 20-30,000 on set of batteries though

I'm interested as well I get what you're saying about batteries but maybe it will help in the colder months and advertised trigger speed looks awesome.

I think I have 5 coverts and 2 Bushnell. Never had one problem...?

Kinda like the Brownings too, interested in that solar camera for my IA farm.

Last edited:
Top Bottom