Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New Iowa licensing APP- Electronic licenses

I was told that’s not the case but not sure either way it’s a handy app!
Hopefully we will get feedback from others if the paper licenses still must be carried.

Just need tags for deer and turkey, all licenses can be through the app now. There’s even a disclaimer saying if you choose that route you’ll have to allow the officer to view with your phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are your thoughts on the new reporting system? Went to report one of my son’s turkeys and needed to look up his social. Not as convenient in my opinion.

I shot a turkey over the weekend and the app was awesome for registering the harvest. Took under 30 seconds to do and get the confirmation number! That will come in handy come deer season, especially shotgun when I have to register multiple deer.

It is easy with the app, if it is your tag. Not so easy for someone else's tag.

When you look at your licenses on the app doesnt it say you still need a printed copy on your posession? Had a guy show me his on the app and it said that under the license info.

Anyone worry that the app may have a downside in that the DNR could track in real time when a deer or turkey is tagged and the exact location of where the animal was taken? This could provide reference for a DNR officer to come and check out that everything is on the up and up. Not saying that anyone would do anything illegal, but even small unaware violations can turn up at the wrong time.

Not really. Actual tags are still needed for deer and Turkey and unless something changed you get 24 hours to report them. So the DNR will think I'm shooting all my critters at 9 PM from my couch. I would be all for getting rid of tags and going electronic though as some states have. Just have to go into the app and "notch" the tag.

I think you need to build them as a new hunter/person in the app. I have not done it, but saw it was an option.

Top Bottom