Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New landowner

Scott A. Kremer

My wife inherited her family farm acres when her mom, my mother in law, passed away. I now have the rights to get a landowners tag for that property. Do I need to get the tag in the county the farm is in or can I go to any courthouse in Iowa and get a landowners tag for the county that the farm resides in?

My wife inherited her family farm acres when her mom, my mother in law, passed away. I now have the rights to get a landowners tag for that property. Do I need to get the tag in the county the farm is in or can I go to any courthouse in Iowa and get a landowners tag for the county that the farm resides in?
You register as the LOT on the specific parcel on the DNR's website. There are specific qualification requirements. Once in the system, you can purchase the tag anyplace that sells tags.

Sorry to hear about your MIL passing, what a great gift to leave the farm for her family...enjoy it!!

Any whitetail management planned?

Been hunting on the land for 20+ years, not much management ability when living 4 1/2 hours away. Renter does the crop and land management.

Top Bottom